C5 factory audio modifcations...
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By dcc236

Thread: C5 factory audio modifcations...

Fellow Frogger!

Default C5 factory audio modifcations...

I recently bought a 2006 Citroen C5 and as a younger guy, I don't own any CDs. I need Bluetooth, or at least an auxiliary input. I can't replace the stereo with an aftermarket unit though, because then I won't have the buttons for climate control or the trip meter.

I read that the RD4 head unit in my car can have an aux input added with the help of a Lexia to enable the input in the source list. The cable itself is $4 on eBay. The question is though, could I just go to a wrecker and change this basic FM/CD unit to the optional RT3 head unit which had Bluetooth and allowed for satnav using a colour screen in the dash (instead of the orange dot matrix screen I have)? If I did swap it though, would I need to swap in the colour screen too? It looks like that might require swapping the entire dashboard? Surely if this was a dealer option, the dealers didn't have to swap a whole dashboard to sell the customer Bluetooth...

Does anyone have knowledge of the different dealer options from when the 2005-2008 (first generation facelift) C5 was originally sold? Most importantly, was the RT3 available WITHOUT the colour dash screen?

Advertisement

Cheers,
    Blufires
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Citroen C5 2.0 A - Magic carpet to float around on
    Citroen Berlingo 1.4 M
    - two person micro camper & work car.

Icon3

Ours is a 2008 model and isn't fitted with bluetooth, I looked at an upgrade offered on ebay which required both the headunit and matrix screen swapped over. . . but I've since been told the seller doesn't supply the microphone required and it's a silly price via Citroen.

For much less I opted for a Garmin GPS with Bluetooth, I don't like dash mounts on the windscreen so used a CD mount

The Garmin is excellent, free map upgrades for life, Bluetooth is seamless. The CD mount still allows you to play CDs, I use writable discs with my favourite tunes about 4 CD worth of tracks. As a bonus the Garmin was sold as deal with reverse camera - wireless so no need to run cables or disturb carpets etc. This is powered by reverse lights so camera is selected with reverse (I found rear vision is restricted in the X7) .

I downloaded the cursor, a '57 DS19

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C5 factory audio modifcations...-garmin-gps.jpg  
    garyk, 59 Floride and Jinandfonic like this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the info. I don't think it will apply to me though - from looking at your dashboard it seems you have the 2nd generation C5 from 2008 onwards. I was looking at Bluetooth on the stereo for playing music, not for phone calls. CDs just won't cut it for me. I listen to podcasts from my phone. On the facelifted 1st generation, the left hand column of buttons on the original stereo (below) switches the multifunction screen between climate control, trip computer and audio information, so changing the stereo to one that isn't from the same model of Citroen C5 is a no-go.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Citroen C5 2.0 A - Magic carpet to float around on
    Citroen Berlingo 1.4 M
    - two person micro camper & work car.

Quote Originally Posted by Blufires View Post
    Thanks for the info. I don't think it will apply to me though - from looking at your dashboard it seems you have the 2nd generation C5 from 2008 onwards. I was looking at Bluetooth on the stereo for playing music, not for phone calls. CDs just won't cut it for me. I listen to podcasts from my phone. On the facelifted 1st generation, the left hand column of buttons on the original stereo (below) switches the multifunction screen between climate control, trip computer and audio information, so changing the stereo to one that isn't from the same model of Citroen C5 is a no-go.
    There may still be a couple of options to explore, I have seen a youtube video showing an installation of an aux socket via the headunit - the other being an FM transmitter where your phone connects via bluetooth to the transmitter which you then tune the headunit to. . .

My priority was more to achieve handsfree for receiving calls - the GPS etc. is an added bonus.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

I installed a Parrot Mki9100 and a mki9200 in our C5's & Pug 407's with the same headunit. It delivered bluetooth audio as well as handsfree phone support. USB & AUX support were an added bonus as well, I used the USB to charge my phone. You have two options for the audio out of these units, it will run in bluetooth or aux mode driving your speakers with its own internal (but low powered) amplifier or you can use the aux in capability of the headunit, for better sound quality. These units have become the industry standard for bluetooth audio integration and now come standard in a lot of aftermarket head units around the world.

Other than the Aux in at the head unit, it is all plug n play. I installed ours in less than 30 mins.
    Last edited by dcc236; 7th November 2017 at 08:04 AM.
    GreenBlood likes this.

Hi,

I've used Yatour in a few of our Citroens, as I want audio streaming via bluetooth, and hands free phone.

It works better on some models than others depending on the head unit. It plugs in where a cd changer would.

There web site is:

Yatour-Digital CD Changer,Digital Music Changer,iPod Adapter,Intelligent Parking Assist,AMI,KVW - Home But you might be better off using EBay as their site is poor.

Another more expensive option is Dension, it works the same but more expensive.

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Hi,

I've used Yatour in a few of our Citroens, as I want audio streaming via bluetooth, and hands free phone.

It works better on some models than others depending on the head unit. It plugs in where a cd changer would.

There web site is:

Yatour-Digital CD Changer,Digital Music Changer,iPod Adapter,Intelligent Parking Assist,AMI,KVW - Home But you might be better off using EBay as their site is poor.

Another more expensive option is Dension, it works the same but more expensive.

Best regards,

Greg
    Yes, I have a Yatour in ours, and it works well - not as good as the Kenwood head unit in my 306, but nice and clear.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    06 Citroen C5 Estate 2.2 Hdi Auto
    95 Peugeot 306 S16
    95 Silver Xantia VSX - now deceased

I have a Yatour in my c5 with exact cd player as pictured by op, it supports, aux input, usb, and bt, plugs into cd changer port, didnt need lexia to work

Mobridge had a good solution a few years ago but they have stopped making it now. I am heading down the Yatour route as well. Does it need any work with Diagbox to get it going? I plugged Diagbox in yesterday and it looks like I would have to enable the CD changer on the Autoradio and Telematics on the Display. I couldn't find a keystroke that would do that for me. Any clues out there on this?

Cheers, Ken

Mine works regardless of if I have it set to present or not. But when enabled, I will often get errors about the changer, nothing serious , only visible in lexia, and of I have it disabled it gives an error about or being present but disabled ! Either way it works. You organise the music into folders named correctly on the USB for it to have different discs (albums), if no USB plugged in it plays the aux.

Icon5

My radio extraction pins arrived today so I thought I would pull out the radio and look at the connectors on the back.

Unfortunately, there are already connectors in the aux socket (three leads) and the CD changer socket (1 lead). I am not sure if they are single wires or coax - see pics. It would appear that one of the aux circuits is wired up in the loom going somewhere. It looks like it goes to item 8499 on my circuit diagram. Does anyone know what this is called and where it is and how I access it?

Does anyone know what the wire going into the CD changer socket is about and what I should do when fitting the Yatour M06 device?

Hoping for some answers.

Cheers, Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C5 factory audio modifcations...-radio-connections.jpg   C5 factory audio modifcations...-radio-extraction.jpg  

It is amazing when you look at the picture again, it looks a lot clearer than what I was looking at in the car. Perhaps that pink wire is going in beside the CD changer socket. I will have to take the radio out again and look more closely with a torch.

Cheers, Ken

So you will have a changer cable going from back of unit to under the drivers seat where the changer would be. Just unplug it and and plug the yahu into the spot.

Thread Information