DS deal between headlight glass and inside of fender
  • Register
  • Help

Default DS deal between headlight glass and inside of fender

I have purchased this foam /rubber seal from der Franz and am puzzled as to how it fits.

-Looking at the parts diagram it fits to the perimeter of the glass?
    -Is it glued on - glue does not appear to stick to this part, it is quite amazing.
    -the parts diagram shows a loop with no join. What has been supplied is a length - where is the join best placed?

Thanks

Advertisement

Alex

Edit: DS Seal between....
    Last edited by Arekisir; 2nd November 2017 at 04:32 PM.

there was a rubber profiled piece originally, if you look at the parts diagram in 648-2 manual section 5-541/3 you can see it is part 2. that glues in around the inside lip of the wing where the glass presses against. Part 3 wraps around the outer profile of the plastic headlamp bucket. So you may have part 2 or 3. You want to have both happening.
    DS deal between headlight glass and inside of fender-5d42e3b2-3933-46a2-b0e8-65a49c620b66.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arekisir View Post
    I have purchased this foam /rubber seal from der Franz and am puzzled as to how it fits.

-Looking at the parts diagram it fits to the perimeter of the glass?
    -Is it glued on - glue does not appear to stick to this part, it is quite amazing.
    -the parts diagram shows a loop with no join. What has been supplied is a length - where is the join best placed?

Thanks

Alex

Edit: DS Seal between....
    I glued the rubber strip, 3, to the lip of the light bucket which held it in place as I assembled all the components. Thereís a nice ledge for it on the top of the bucket but it just has to fit on the edge around the bottom of the bucket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

Attachment 101127Attachment 101128Attachment 101129Attachment 101130

Hi Guys,

There are three rubbers that are needed when refitting the DS headlamp glass, headlamp housing:

Part no 2 (fourth pic) is the seal that you purchased from DF. This is glued with contact adhesive to the perimeter of the headlamp glass opening. This part is the seal between the glass and the guard.

Part no 3 (third pic) is a flat piece of rubber, 10mm wide x 1.5mm, and 620mm long. This is fitted in the guard at the bottom, where the sheet metal protrudes, and is basically there so that the glass can't drop down and hit the headlamp mounting protrusion, and brake the glass.

Part no 21 (first and second pic) is a soft cell self adhesive white foam app 10mm x 5mm, and is fitted to the headlamp housing outer face that comes in contact with the glass.

This foam can be purchased from Bunnings in a roll, and it what is often used as a household door seal.

The original foam supplied by Citroen was an open cell foam, and I'm not sure that being open cell, it doesn't absorb water and contribute to the sheet metal rusting out under the headlamps, so a closed cell foam may well be better, but this seems to be mainly black.

Hope this helps?

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Thread Information