Citroen CX Auto Electrician - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Citroen CX Auto Electrician

skp
    Fellow Frogger!

I had similar issues with my Gti.... an early model without the latter flywheel sensors. After EXHAUSTIVE investigation, it turned out to be a small module sitting above the coil (which itself sits behind the RH headlight). The module transformed a signal from the distributor to the injection system. Turns out they used a similar unit on a number of other cars, and I was able to use one from a Nissan to fix the problem. See if there is a thin two core lead coming from the dizy over to the coil. It's hard to see where this goes, without pulling the headlight out. The small module is bolted to the coil (from memory)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    I had similar issues with my Gti.... an early model without the latter flywheel sensors. After EXHAUSTIVE investigation, it turned out to be a small module sitting above the coil (which itself sits behind the RH headlight). The module transformed a signal from the distributor to the injection system. Turns out they used a similar unit on a number of other cars, and I was able to use one from a Nissan to fix the problem. See if there is a thin two core lead coming from the dizy over to the coil. It's hard to see where this goes, without pulling the headlight out. The small module is bolted to the coil (from memory)
    I liked the "EXHAUSTIVE"! Every word has a hidden story....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information