C4 no longer in production
  • Register
  • Help

Default C4 no longer in production

Hi all,

Just been announced that the PSA group has announced the end of the C4 sedan.
    There will be no more and no 2018 model.
    It had a good run of 12 years or so over two different body styles.
    The model was discontinued from Australian sales earlier this year. So now, no C4 or C5 at the moment.

As a current owner of a series 1 C4, it is sad news but that's progress.
    This news is only for the sedan. The Cactus and Picasso are not affected. PSA has just brought out an updated version of the Cactus (a series II model if you like). Some serious changes to the exterior styling and less emphasis on the bubble technology.

Advertisement

gembee

Thank God I'm a Frenchman harrisson_citroen's Avatar

And confirmation from Citroen CEO that a new C5 is on the drawing board for 2019.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

SMM

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    And confirmation from Citroen CEO that a new C5 is on the drawing board for 2019.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    You have to wonder why there is such a time lag between ceasing a model and launching a replacement. What does it mean? No strategy? Desperate to cut losses? A French thing? I have no idea

On that basis there might be a C4 Hatch by 2020!
    SMM

Current Citroen - : 1997 Xm Exclusive Series II

Previous Citroens: 2006 C5, 1991 Xm Series 1, 1999 Xsara 1.8, 1988 Bx TRI

Hardly looking after loyal buyers.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

According to the CEO they had decided to prioritise the SUV market in which they had no presence when the market was demanding those models.
    They understand that Citroen also needs a large sedan and are working on it. Probably no hydraulics though methinks.

Fellow Frogger!

After 54 years of changing cars Iíve decided the C4 Picasso has satisfied, me enough to think it may see me out.
    If only it had been promoted by Sime Darby......50mpg on E10, incredibly spacious, vision, comfort, intelligent use of overall length, such a pity itís gone.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    If only it had been promoted by Sime Darby
    That's right, I think all I ever saw in Queensland, was a billboard for a week over a bridge on the M1 promoting the Grand Picasso, when it was first launched. After that it was gone forever.

Only saw an ad for a C5 in the 16 years the model ran at the launch of the X7. It was dodgy and talked mostly of the leather rear seats, with some sheila stroking them...... Yet if you check youtube, the rest of the world had some great c5 ads.

I've caught a couple of time what seems like a 10 sec ad for the Cactus on Brisbane TV for about a week.

By comparison Hyundai is wall to wall ads with this new Kona, the worst possible rip-off of the Cactus front and general styling and as much as the Cactus is pretty, this Kona is an abomination on wheels and probably has a suspension to match its ugly looks. I won't be going for a test drive.....
    ....... I bet they'll sell millions of them!

Fellow Frogger!

Maybe active suspension will be back, but I think in this day and age it won't be back on a sedan. If they released a large SUV around the size of the BMW X5 with active suspension to give it a comfortable ride and adjustable height to save fuel and traverse obstacles, it would sell and sell well. Especially if the dealers had the good sense to tell customers, "it even has the same engine as some BMWs" they could sell it to people who don't traditionally buy French cars.

It would be a sad day for fans of the brand, but it would make good business sense.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Citroen C5 2.0 A - Magic carpet to float around on
    Citroen Berlingo 1.4 M
    - two person micro camper & work car.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    Hyundai is wall to wall ads with this new Kona, the worst possible rip-off of the Cactus front and general styling and as much as the Cactus is pretty, this Kona is an abomination on wheels and probably has a suspension to match its ugly looks. I won't be going for a test drive.....
    ....... I bet they'll sell millions of them!
    It's nothing new. The Hyundai Getz was a ripoff of the 206's front end and the Suzuki Swift ripped off the Clio's styling.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Citroen C5 2.0 A - Magic carpet to float around on
    Citroen Berlingo 1.4 M
    - two person micro camper & work car.

Thread Information