My new Xantia CT - Page 4
  • Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: My new Xantia CT

Ive fitted a XU10j2 NA camshaft at the moment as I had no luck finding a DKZ. I would highly reccommend a Turbosmart Eboost Street boost controller. I was running it at 14psi and had no issues. Unfortunately you will have trouble fitting a bigger wheel/housing as the manifold wont allow for it due to the way the turbo is mounted. Or how the manifold if designed!

Theres been quite a few guys running 12-14psi on those turbos for over 80000km with no issues so Im sure it will be fine. Theres a light hesitation at low revs when you crack the throttle. General consensus is that it is a fairly common problem and has not really bothered me.

The next step is to fit the VEMS plug in ECU from DP engineering for the stock ecu. Its fairly expensive but obviously allows custom tuning. I dont think I will need anymore power for the Xantia!

Advertisement

If your interested in the Eboost Ill PM you the guy in OZ who has the best price ��

1000+ Posts

That makes two of you chasing a DKZ camshaft, enjoy that turbo Cam! Put that engine combo into a 205!
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

I'm also struggling to find a DKZ cam. I've got an XU7JP cam here, might have to measure it up and see what it's like.

Good to hear that people are still getting reasonably longevity from the turbos running higher boost. I think I have an electronic boost controller somewhere, I'll give it a shot. I currently have a dead turbo control solenoid on the engine, I am thinking that the EBC would perform that function, and I can just put a resistor in place of it to satisfy the ECU.

I'm thinking it will be a fun project

Quote Originally Posted by cam85 View Post
    Ive fitted a XU10j2 NA camshaft at the moment as I had no luck finding a DKZ. I would highly reccommend a Turbosmart Eboost Street boost controller. I was running it at 14psi and had no issues. Unfortunately you will have trouble fitting a bigger wheel/housing as the manifold wont allow for it due to the way the turbo is mounted. Or how the manifold if designed!

Theres been quite a few guys running 12-14psi on those turbos for over 80000km with no issues so Im sure it will be fine. Theres a light hesitation at low revs when you crack the throttle. General consensus is that it is a fairly common problem and has not really bothered me.

The next step is to fit the VEMS plug in ECU from DP engineering for the stock ecu. Its fairly expensive but obviously allows custom tuning. I dont think I will need anymore power for the Xantia!
    Scotty

Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

1999 Peugeot 406 Coupť - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

Yea thats right. Keep the BMV plugged in and just disconnect the piping and add in your ebc.

The other solution for the cam is to speak with PeterT about a cam. If I dont like the current cam Im keen to investigate something more custom. Apparently he has some fresh blanks in stock...

Its going on the Dyno fingers crossed on Tuesday so will keep you posted.

Cam

Will eagerly look forward to that
    Scotty

Are you guys talking about a DKZ cam from a BX TRI 122 or a TZI engine? What benefit do they have in a RGX engine?

Cheers, Ken

Yep, that's the one.

It has higher lift than the RGX motor without adding too much overlap so as to 'blow the boost out the back'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    Are you guys talking about a DKZ cam from a BX TRI 122 or a TZI engine? What benefit do they have in a RGX engine?

Cheers, Ken
    Scotty

So drove the car home today.

Engine has livened up nicely after the cam and exhaust work. Huw made a new exhaust under the instruction ' dont make it loud ' and he has done so. Fitting larger bore pipework, new cat, centre and rear mufflers. Sounds nice with no intrusion. Standard tailpipe look also! Happy boy.

Engine pulls hard from about 2200 rpm and starts to drop off around 5000 but still happy to go to 6k no problem. Which is much nicer than the slog in the guts at 1800-4000rpm like before. Theres more power everywhere and has so much torque. Overtaking on the highway is easy!

It made 114 KW at the wheels @ 14psi. Spins the wheels in first and second if you want, Im not into that but there you go.

Suspension has become very subtle and super smooth. Huw drained and flushed the LHM system. Removing the reservoir and cleaning the associated filters etc. Replaced the height corrector with a reconditiond unit along with a known working rear electrovalve.

Car is riding really well but still tending to sit high in the rear especially between gear changes. It comes back down after a small amount of time but is still quite annoying as the ride stays firmer when the bum is in the air.

Some more investigation required. Im really keen to get to the bottom of it. Its lovely to be back in something french after being in the VW Caddy for the past 6 weeks.
    Richard W and Armidillo like this.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cam85 View Post
    So drove the car home today.

Engine has livened up nicely after the cam and exhaust work. Huw made a new exhaust under the instruction ' dont make it loud ' and he has done so. Fitting larger bore pipework, new cat, centre and rear mufflers. Sounds nice with no intrusion. Standard tailpipe look also! Happy boy.

Engine pulls hard from about 2200 rpm and starts to drop off around 5000 but still happy to go to 6k no problem. Which is much nicer than the slog in the guts at 1800-4000rpm like before. Theres more power everywhere and has so much torque. Overtaking on the highway is easy!

It made 114 KW at the wheels @ 14psi. Spins the wheels in first and second if you want, Im not into that but there you go.

Suspension has become very subtle and super smooth. Huw drained and flushed the LHM system. Removing the reservoir and cleaning the associated filters etc. Replaced the height corrector with a reconditiond unit along with a known working rear electrovalve.

Car is riding really well but still tending to sit high in the rear especially between gear changes. It comes back down after a small amount of time but is still quite annoying as the ride stays firmer when the bum is in the air.

Some more investigation required. Im really keen to get to the bottom of it. Its lovely to be back in something french after being in the VW Caddy for the past 6 weeks.
    Sounds like it is nearly as fast as a tired old rat infested CX now I might have to screw up the boost a bit now to make sure I can stay infront ( ). I've avoided touching the boost settings in my car. I figured I'd just kill the clutch even more quickly I reckon my car would be down to about 6psi now with tired wastegate springs and untouched 35year old turbo.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

After a couple weeks with the car now its developed a few issues.

After removing the tank to clean inevitably there are a few leaks somewhere near the tank. Its dripping down over the gearbox. SOme down the front and some the rear. Im yet to have the time to actually move things out of the way to have a look at it.

The clutch is either getting oil on it or is really starting to show its age. Im tempted to bite the bullet and just get it done. It will give me a chance to replace bad hoses and pipework. Fix the broken aircon pipe and fingers crossed enjoy it more!

I managed to get a brand new Nissens radiator for it from Lithuania for 192 dollars delivered! current one is weeping in a few spots.

Ive potentially got some time later in the week to have a better look. Meanwhile to battery decided to put its feet up so that needs sorting too. Im still keen on it, its so nice to drive when its going....

Just re read my post and had a flashback. I remember reading a lot of posts, like the one Ive just written, fifteen years ago and thought "Hope I never end up maintaining an old citroen like these blokes"

Wow!
    Armidillo and Demannu like this.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread Information