C4 Picassoís fuel gauge issue
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default C4 Picassoís fuel gauge issue

Like our previous 2014 308, our new 2/15 build C4P has decided to ignore the extra 15L I added yesterday, instead continuing to drop as if none was added.
    The recent price hike in Melbourne means I filled it right up instead of just a couple of clicks.
    Would that do harm?.
    (Iíve done the battery + release for more than 30 mins without any subsequent change in level on the dash gauge.)
    Any ideas?

Advertisement

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

The fuel gauges these days are all controlled by a computer in the instrument panel. They do not work directly off the level sensor in the tank. I would not be really worried until you have run the tank low, and then given it a large fillup and the gauge does not respond. Maybe it judges the 15 litre top up as within the range of a change in level due to the car being parked on a tilt.

Cheers, Ken

You also shouldn't fill it to the brim as there needs to be some room for the ELOYS to be added to the tank so the DPF regeneration works most efficiently. I don't think you will have done any damage.

Cheers, Ken

Fellow Frogger!

Default C4 Picassoís fuel gauge issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    You also shouldn't fill it to the brim as there needs to be some room for the ELOYS to be added to the tank so the DPF regeneration works most efficiently. I don't think you will have done any damage.

Cheers, Ken
    It runs on book approved E10/95 thanks Ken.....the 308 also.
    (You havenít been able to get the small Picasso in diesel for some time it seems.)

They do suggest 3 clicks when filling, but as I then have to drive around 30-50 kms straight away I tend to get the max in.....thermal expansion is factored in too.

The dealer I spoke to suggesting the sender may be faulty .....Itís a warranty issue but a pita having to travel so far and only 1 car available.

As you suggested, Iím hoping it will fix itself.

Fellow Frogger

Odds are it just didn't like the small amount you added and probably a lot of it was into the neck anyway.
    You shouldn't add small amounts of fuel and there is supposedly some comment about it in the handbook.
    It may well fix itself as you run the tank down.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Odds are it just didn't like the small amount you added and probably a lot of it was into the neck anyway.
    You shouldn't add small amounts of fuel and there is supposedly some comment about it in the handbook.
    It may well fix itself as you run the tank down.
    Hopefully
    Min of 5 litres for the gauge to register it....15 added though.
    Fingers crossed but strange that this has been basically the same with 2 PSA cars.

Fellow Frogger!

I've found the same with my (non-Grand) C4 Picasso. I tend to keep it topped up (with fuel) when the price is in the down cycle and I find that unless you add a reasonable amount of fuel the gauge doesn't register and nor does the 'km until empty' alter. Having said that, the last time I did a relatively small fill it didn't register immediately, but the next time I started the car it reflected a full tank.

Chris

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Citquery View Post
    I've found the same with my (non-Grand) C4 Picasso. I tend to keep it topped up (with fuel) when the price is in the down cycle and I find that unless you add a reasonable amount of fuel the gauge doesn't register and nor does the 'km until empty' alter. Having said that, the last time I did a relatively small fill it didn't register immediately, but the next time I started the car it reflected a full tank.

Chris
    Iím thinking that the 15 litres I put in was probably the smallest quantity Iíve put in to fill up. Carting around a full tank all the time is just dead weight to me. (My average is 5.6 l/100 fill to fill.....as per the stated Ďcombinedí figure.....and E10/95 too)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post

Cheers, Ken
    Just bear in mind there are 2 different 'Eolys' additives. Peugeot hasn't used 'Eolys 176' since about 2010 as far as I know.

It's now Eolys POWERFLEX ADDITIVE to avoid any confusion.

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by N5GTi6 View Post
    Just bear in mind there are 2 different 'Eolys' additives. Peugeot hasn't used 'Eolys 176' since about 2010 as far as I know.

It's now Eolys POWERFLEX ADDITIVE to avoid any confusion.

Cheers

Justin
    Err, petrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    Err, petrol.

Absolutely - just helping out Ken !

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Fellow Frogger!

Update:
    Seems it fixed itself or a good side to side rocking dislodge a bubble.
    All back to normal

Thread Information