M59 Berlingo 1.4 air con heater issues
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon10 M59 Berlingo 1.4 air con heater issues

G'day All,

Advertisement

My 2005 M59 series 2 Berlingo van has a non functioning air con, only the fan works but compressor doesn't start when the dash a/c is turned on. Also the heater doesn't get even a bit warm when the dash knob is turned to hot. I can live without a heater but I need the a/c to demist the windscreen on wet days. I use the van for Courier work so I do a lot of kilometres. I'm in Western Sydney.
    Thanks William Moncrieff

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,I would investigate the heater flap control rod as it just opens the door to let air thru the heater element.
    maybe fuse for aircon ?

William,

I think you will find it has just run out of refrigerant gas. There is a pressure switch in the gas circuit that will prevent the compressor coming in if there is not enough gas in the system. The big question is why has it run out of gas? You might be lucky and have a slow leak and a regas will last a few years. Or a pipe may have burst, seal on the compressor has leaked out the gas (and usually oil as well) or there might be a leak in the TX valve or the evaporator or condensor.

So take it to an air-con place for a regas and take it from there.

Cheers, Ken

Tadpole

Thanks Ken,

I can confirm there is no refrigerant in the system. I'll see what a regas does.

I solved the heater issue.....there are no water hoses connected to the firewall fitting from the engine. Looks like I'll be rugging up come Winter!

Cheers William

Thread Information