DSpecial door cards
  • Register
  • Help

Default DSpecial door cards

I'm just putting my doors back together after spraying and found the repro plastic plugs that fit into the door to capture the clips that sit on the cards interfere with the lock mechanism on the top corner of each door. I vaguely remember the cards previously having a 'trouble spot' round there. Does anyone know if there should be an alternative clip to fit intot the door at those points to hold the card on?

Cheers
    Steven

Advertisement
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 27th September 2017 at 09:08 PM. Reason: typos

Fellow Frogger!

Early Holden door card clips worked for us. Rare Spares may have them if you show them a sample.

Fellow Frogger!

I have some recollection of this problem.
    I think the solution was to cut the plasic shorter so it cleared the mechanism. Other wise leave the offending plugs out of those holes. I am sure there is only one type of clip used normally, although there is a scissor action type as well as the usual spring action type. I prefer the spine action over the scissor. Cut the plug nd see what happens. David.

Fair enough guys, needs an outside the box solution, Andre Pol sent me two plastic plugs, he's funny because you ask for bits and other stuff turns up, like 4 3 way metal connectors for washer pump hoses (????) that I did not order. I'm going to see if the plastic plugs will fill the suspect holes and then maybe cut a slit on the card as the fabric is already on the card and these plastic plugs have a flat round back on them, the I can reinforce the card where I cut it with a washer or somehing glued back down, pretty sure I had an array of clips on the old cards scrambled from anywhere to replace the lost or broken ones from previous efforts at card removal.

Putting the doors back together is tedious, I have the locks all working all hunky dory care of video instructions from the Dutchies, pretty straightforward really, however had to replace all the felts on the winder spring, and the s#*^ repro rubbers I bougt for the rods just split so made my own, also found it is hell easier to attach the rod to the inside door handle out of the door and feed it through, as oppossed to recommended way on DS Technisch Youtube video, tell them they're dreaming. My latest challenge is getting the door rails to fit correctly, discovered I had the washers on the wrong side on front door yesterday after carefully putting back together, refitted door and whoompa the angle of the glass was way out when up and didn't align with rubber. Not to worry just pull it apart and do it again. The doors are lining up well now though and I am hearing that lovely choonk when closing them, haven't heard that for about three years!
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 28th September 2017 at 11:38 AM.

Thread Information