Spare parts car turns up.....
  • Register
  • Help

Default Spare parts car turns up.....

hi Froggies, yesterday I had a phone call from someone who had a CX they no longer want.
    It's been parked in the street for the last 3 years, but was still registered until the plates came off this afternoon.
    The previous owner has kept the rear bumper, the passenger seat , carpets, seatbelts , instrument cluster, glove box , passenger door trim and that's about it. The rest is now my private spare parts collection.
    The body is straight, but the paint is stuffed. It has a good motor and c-matic box, and the hydraulics are almost perfect. Only the power steering leaks, like mine did before I re-conditioned it.
    So...now I probably have more spares than I should really need.
    All it cost me was the cost of the hire of a tandem trailer, and one whole day which was a day off work anyway.

It's pretty sad how some of these cars get so neglected, but anyway, they usually turn out pretty nice once the right parts get replaced and the cars get a little TLC.
    All of the spheres have been regassed or replaced in 1999, so they would be due for testing I suppose.
    The radiator and heater hoses are in very nice condition, and this will all go very nicely into the CX that I'm restoring.
    This all came about because the citroen wrecker in Keilor does not want any CXs. I asked them last December to give my name and number to anyone who tries to sell or give them a CX. They did. This is pretty cool I reckon.
    Also, I'm lucky I have an understanding father who lets me leave all kinds of junk in the old family backyard.
    This really helps to keep the homelife unaffected, if you know what I mean.
    Cheers...George.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Congratulations George, now youre really a true Citroenphile, a car and a wreck to go with it.

Seriously, you seldom have too many spares, sounds like the new car will provide many treasures, good on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by petermelb
    Congratulations George, now youre really a true Citroenphile, a car and a wreck to go with it.

Seriously, you seldom have too many spares, sounds like the new car will provide many treasures, good on ya.
    Hi Peter, it really seems to be a necessity because the wreckers don't want them at all. And there are many times when used parts do the job just as well as new ones. In fact, it also helps you to work out how to replace parts without damaging them , or any other part, because you practise on the wreck, and can avoid wrecking the car you are trying to repair.

I still have not seen many CXs around, they are really scarce.
    Cheers...George.

Thread Information