C5 wheels
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: C5 wheels

Tadpole

Default C5 wheels

Hello all, I'm after a set of alloys for my x7 2009. For some reason this model came out with steel wheels and plastic covers. Pretty lousy for a Citroen! There is not much choice in after market stuff.
    Thanks

Advertisement

They look like steel but they're aluminium. Very trick and very light. Highly sort after in the racing world. They came in two styles, nuts with flat seats and nuts with tapered seats. The former were recalled as they are prone to cracking around the nut seat.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    They look like steel but they're aluminium. Very trick and very light. Highly sort after in the racing world. They came in two styles, nuts with flat seats and nuts with tapered seats. The former were recalled as they are prone to cracking around the nut seat.
    X7s come with 5 stud wheels not 4 like the previous series.

A small number of Aus delivered C5 X7 Comforts came with 17" non "mag" wheels and plastic covers.

Tadpole

Aluminium!! Really? Mine are steel. Why would citroen put aluminium rims in place of alloys on the lowly C5?

Fellow Frogger

The rims with hubcaps on the early X7 were steel. The previous series used black painted 15 inch aluminium rims. They happily fit a Xantia too. For the X7, the steel rims are not a bad option as you get a taller sidewall and maybe a little more comfort and lower tyre cost. However, if you really want to change them, you need to find a full set including spare (which will be a different steel rim again if not a spacesaver) and bolts, wheel brace from a wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by cee5 View Post
    Aluminium!! Really? Mine are steel. Why would citroen put aluminium rims in place of alloys on the lowly C5?
    Less unsprung mass.

Thread Information