The final touch....
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By bleudanube

Thread: The final touch....

Default The final touch....

One part that was still missing in the restoration of my DSuper was the underbody and the exhaust. So I took the car onto the hoist at the Lubritorium in Geebung (not many places have a hoist where you can blast the dirt off your chassis) and got the underside water blasted for $90. Came up ok, not 100%, but pretty clean. Excuse the sideways photo again...

The final touch....-img_7157.jpg

Ever since our Bunya trip there has been a funny rattle that appeared to be intermittent and come from the engine bay or steering or... from the exhaust! A piece of the Flexi hose had broken off and settled in the muffler. I couldn't get it out by shaking the s$&t out of it, so I cut it in half... and welded it back together. Bit of paint... and pretty good again.

The final touch....-img_7464.jpg

The offending piece shown above. The Flexi pipe was also stuffed, so time for a new one. Exhaust parts and heat shields before the cleaning. Didn't know the car had a Stainless muffler and pipes - not bad.

The final touch....-img_7467.jpg

Attachments all pretty foul and in need of some TLC:

The final touch....-img_7468.jpg

Sorry, wonky again. But it is looking good with the painted heat shields, Muffler and new Flexi pipe.

The final touch....-img_7505.jpg

Nice and shiny again. The photo also gives an idea how the water jetting came up. Not bad, compared to 45 years of encrusted dirt and dust.

The final touch....-img_7504.jpg

So, I think the car is now in pretty good shape. Let's see what's next....

Sven

Advertisement

looking good Sven, even though I feel like I am up skirting
    cheers Tony

Thread Information