DS black vinyl seat backrest
  • Register
  • Help

Default DS black vinyl seat backrest

DS black vinyl seat backrest-20170920_181312_resized_1.jpgCan anyone help with black vinyl front seat cover.Back rest only one needed in good condition. Unfortunately this one is beyond repair because is to brittle and needs replacement. Other side is fine.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Took mine to Blackman's in Richmond with exactly the same problem. They matched and replaced the perforated panel. $200.

Fellow Frogger!

I had tan Targa in an ID19B. Drivers start was worn and torn like yours. The rear seats don't wear as fast. I got a rear seat and unpicked the perforated panel. The plan was to take apart the torn front seat and substitute the middle panel. i sold the car before i could get the job done, but the plan was a good'un.

45 years is a long time to expect vinyl to stay supple, even in the rear seat that is hardly ever used. The best bet is to replace with new vinyl ( especially if you can get a good facsimile of the original pattern). My D Super 5 had that black vinyl. I had it replaced with grey velour on the seat faces only. The rest of the smoother vinyl from the periphery of the covers was in good nick. The grey/black contrast looked stunning, if not original! ( Dark red paint work )
    Cheers Gerry

I went to Blackmans in Geelong and they wonted something like $500

its funny this was actually passenger side and driver side is still nice soft vinyl in good condition. Passenger side was also looking very nice but pattern bit just got hardened and starts to break. If i replace it with new it may not be good match so I rather get second hand or replace all seat covers with new.

Thread Information