2CV Useful Information
  • Register
  • Help

Default 2CV Useful Information

Given that I now know every nut and bolt in Gaston I thought a list was a good idea. Also interchangeability with relatively common parts is shown.

Hope it's useful for some of you.

Advertisement

If anyone has additional information I can add it and publish a revision as required.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's)
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick")
    2006 C5 HDI Wagon Auto ("Mephistopheles")
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") Seasoned traveller
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Next project
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

JBN

Good stuff Pottsy. I usually take a sample fastener around the corner to a specialty fastener provider. The only one they were not able to get was one of the alternator bolts. I think I ended up stealing it from Dolly to put on Daffy for Raid 2016 and then back to Dolly. Your list certainly aids in selecting fasteners from the European suppliers.

John

I've had little trouble sourcing most of them, except for M7 and M9.

M7 seems to have limited availability, usually only in one length in the "champion" packs but M9 just gets blank looks from the fastener blokes.

A couple of the seals I was able to source locally but not the crankshaft one.

I must admit to a certain amount of fun factor in confronting a supplier with something weird and French. Most of the suppliers of fasteners, bearings and seals were helpful, but a few lost me fairly quickly. The good ones will at least have a go at helping you, but for some it's all too hard. Needless to say these ones don't get a second visit!

And I have to put a good word in for Kathy at Repco Eltham. This lady is an institution around here, able to quote part numbers and application to the most diehard chauvinist. She it was who found the HB Torana air filter for me. Repco gets a lot of bad press at times but if they had a Kathy at every branch we would all be happy munchkins when sourcing weird bits.

When all else fails, I've found Roy at ECAS good for some of the rarer items, but also Der Franzose to be more responsive and timely in supply.

And finally, I found it useful to also source taps and dies in as many of the pitches possible. Not only easier to identify threads but to clean up those that are unreplaceable for whatever reason. As much as I would have liked to go to Suttons with an open cheque book, eBay was my friend in a big way when it came to getting these, especially the M9 ones.

Cheers, Pottsy,
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Pottsy,
    ace job you've done there and hope you don't mind that I've printed off a copy for myself.

Anyhow, if you've still got those lumps of metal which act as load spreaders for the bolts securing the seat belt 'bridge' to an OE chassis, you could add another 4 @ M9 x 1.25 to your list.

I replace those with bog-standard M10 setscrews and nuts, storing the M9s for a rainy day, or when someone loses an M9 bolt off their car.

Ken

You're more than welcome Ken. I reckon any kind of ready reference is a help.

Herewith Revision 1 with your extras added.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Thread Information