C5 mk1 front door trim?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hydrac

Thread: C5 mk1 front door trim?

Default C5 mk1 front door trim?

Had this question on my list for a while and only after 2 full days of highway driving over the weekend the drivers side trim decided it was time to give way and start flapping about.
    The passager side was removed before I got the car so I have no idea how to remove/ replace this rubber trim. Not even sure its a replaceable part or even if required.
    Anyone replaced this piece of trim, or should I just glue it back on?

Advertisement

Other than this non event we had perfect driving conditions in Carlo5.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Hi, The rim is held by two lugs ( one highlighted by the pointer )C5 mk1 front door trim?-p1000833.jpgwhich engage in 2 T slots in the mudguard and a canoe clip.

With the door open the trim is engaged in the head of the slots and pushed forward, the canoe clip is then pushed into the hole in the back of the trim.

Fitted properly the trim is virtually impossible to remove without butchery or removing the canoe clip.C5 mk1 front door trim?-p1000830.jpg
    dimistyle likes this.

Thanks Hydrac looks like they are fitted onto the front guard 1st. Will re glue for now and start looking for replacements at some stage. Any idea of where to source new ones?

1000+ Posts

Hi Dimi
    You should glue them so the rubber does not flap and then dissapear one day. Or worse stream out like a ribbon and distract you.
    Look on Citroen service for the part numbers and Google that or ebay UK. If all else fails a Citroen parts center
    Jaahn

PS Hydrac, wtf is a canoe clip ???

Hello again Dimi,
    Looking at your picture it appears as though the lugs may not be engaged in the slots or are broken.

As for new ones cost at a guess based on similar items from a dealer around $50.00 each probably delivery next day ex Sydney or ex France around 7 - 10 weeks.

Yesterday here in Melb quoted $30.00 and $25.00 pair R&LH with clips, ebay may be worth a try as Jaahn suggested but I doubt they would beat those prices of course you would have to add freight.

Fitting them is very simple just need to be careful engaging the lugs properly and push forward 10 minutes both sides maximum.

Hope this helps and Jaahn will post a pix of the two versions of a canoe clip.
    cheers G

Thanks for the info. The plastic backing is definitely clipped in fully just the rubber has detached itself and hanging on at the rear. Found the part numbers now so can start hunting around.

Hello again DIMI,
    In my last reply I just realised I didn't write it very well the prices I quoted are from 2 wreckers 1 @ $30.00 and the

2nd @ $35.00 tor a pair of trims i.e. R & L hand.
    cheers G

A quick update just remembered that I had the old rubber piece for the passager side. So using your instructions pulled out the canoe clip pretty painess and no damage. Unhooked the plastic trim easy.
    Found a decent rubber glue and cured for 24 hours and clipped it back on this morning. The passager side is torn and deformed so was only a trial before I do the drivers side. I will eventually buy new if possible.

PS a canoe clip is a standard panel fastener

C5 mk1 front door trim?-1504843590331.jpg

Thread Information