• 3 Post By AllenM

Thread: 2018 Cit-In Dalby Queensland

Default 2018 Cit-In Dalby Queensland

This just came through today...

50TH ANNIVERSARY - Home

Cheers,

Advertisement

Mark...
    dimistyle, UFO, slough and 1 others like this.

Fellow Frogger!

Mr Moderator. Is it possible to have a "Stickey" attached to the post. Thank you.

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by AllenM View Post
    Mr Moderator. Is it possible to have a "Stickey" attached to the post. Thank you.
    Stuck

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hi Folks,

There has been a minor update to the website so that the Dates 30th March to 2nd of April 2018 are displayed on most pages and the Accommodation Titles now link directly to their websites so you can check out their facilities.

Cheers, Ken
    UFO and GretaDeesse like this.

1000+ Posts

Are the general public allowed to participate? Or is it for members/registered only?

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    Hi Folks,

There has been a minor update to the website so that the Dates 30th March to 2nd of April 2018 are displayed on most pages and the Accommodation Titles now link directly to their websites so you can check out their facilities.

Cheers, Ken
    Excellent ideas for updates!
    Bruce H likes this.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Hi Folks,

I have just finished another website update. There are more details in the Program Page about the Program and Entertainment during the evening functions and some introductory details about the Post Cit-in tour on the Registration Page.

Cheers, Ken
    Bruce H likes this.

Hi All Citroen Fanatics,

Here is a link to the pdf file with details about 'Teddies Terrific Tour' for those coming north to Dalby this Easter.

https://citroenclassic.org.au/wordpr...it-in-2018.pdf

Steely is getting concerned about the post cit-in B tour as there have been few enquiries so far. If you are thinking of going on what will be a well organised tour, please contact Ian Steele ASAP or it may be cancelled due to lack of interest. Details are on the Registration Page of the Cit-in Website or use the link below.

https://citroenclassic.org.au/wordpr...our-2018-1.pdf

There are options to come and join the Citin for the Show and Shine and Lunch at the Jondaryn Woolshed on Easter Saturday. Contact me through the website or via PM if you are interested.

Cheers, Ken Wilson
    Last edited by Ken W; 23rd January 2018 at 05:50 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Citroen Enthusiasts,

I have recently been altered to the fact that ‘Online Booking Services’ are showing a shortage of accommodation in Dalby over Easter, this is not true. I have spoken to the lady at the Mid Town Motel and she tells me that she took her bookings off the online services because she was offering a $10.00 discount per night and has plenty or rooms available. The story is similar at Park View Motel.

Can I recommend that you use the listings shown on our web site https://cit-in2018.weebly.com and ring the motels direct to make your bookings.

https://howmanydaystill.com/its/good-friday-2018

Default Itinerary For Post Cit-in Tour

The Text below has just been received from Ian Steele. Please email him at [email protected] if you are interested in joining.

Cheers, Ken

First update for the ĎApres Cit-in ĎBí Tourí
    Please note the correction to the SPRINGSURE Caravan Park telephone No.
    Correct number is: 4984 1418
    Apologies from Ian.

After being a bit too slack over the last couple of months Iíve finally got things going. I spent today in maps, notes we took back in August, on the phone & even a couple of emails. Here is a guide of what is planned. Remember it will be school hols. so book early, especially at Carnarvon Gorge. Be sure to mention Citroen Car Club when booking, may even save you a few bucks!! I have asked a couple of places to find the local poet or Slim impersonator to join us around the fire in exchange for a few beers.

Mon. 2nd April, Dalby to Roma, 320km. staying TWO NIGHTS at Villa Holiday Pk. 07 46221309, [email protected]

Tues. 3rd April, spending the day in Roma, same booking.

Wed. 4th. Roma to Springsure 310km. staying TWO NIGHTS at Springsure Cívan Pk. 07 4984 1418, [email protected]

Thur. 5th. spend the day doing a bit of sight seeing & visiting Emerald, biggest local town for miles. Also visit Sapphire & Rubyvale so the blokes can buy a few gems in exchange for a brownie points. Same booking.

Fri. 6th. Springsure to Carnarvon Gorge 175km.. staying TWO NIGHTS at Takarakka Bush Resort. 07 49844535, takarakka.com.au

Sat 7th. plenty of walking / hiking in the gorge to get off some of the blubber thatís developed from all the sitting in the car. Same booking.

Sun 8th. Carívon Gorge to Mitchell. 320km. Staying at Major Mitchell Caravan Pk. 07 46236600. majormitchellcaravanpark.com.au There are artesian hot springs to soak a bit more blubber off a short walk from the park. This park is on the main road west so be sure to book early!

Mon. 9th. Mitchell to Condamine. 280km. Staying at Condamine Caravan Pk. 07 46277179. Not a big place so not lots to see but the inside of the pub (across the road) is worth staring at for a time, several beers time actually. Be a good place to have a feed too.

Tue. 10th. Címine to Maleny. 350km. We have one room that our house sitter will be using, a couch & a verandah. Maleny Hills Motel 3ks. down the road. 07 54942551. Or Maleny Tropical Retreat adjoins our place, 07 54352113. Iíll even cut the grass to our fence if anyone stays here! Or if your after something really special thereís Lillypilly Cottages right beside us. 07 54943002.

I also had another idea of spending a couple of extra nights & go to Rainbow Beach on the way home. Big coloured sand dunes, real pretty place. I just ran a traction run there, 10 tractions came. Itís a bit less than 2hrís from home. Let me know if you would like the extra time away & Iíll do some booking, remember itís school holís though.

Please contact me by email if coming [email protected]
    Keepíem up n pumping Steeley

P S. It will be handy if those coming had a CB radio, hand held will be better than nothing. Also If you can get hold of three RACQ mapsÖ Brisbane Sunshine Coast, Rockhampton Mackay Gladstone, & South East. theyíll cover where weíre going. Steeley

Folks,

A minor update has been made to the Cit-in website.

https://cit-in2018.weebly.com/

- The itinerary for the Post Cit-in Tour has been added in the REGISTRATION page,
    - There is a new SPONSORS Page,
    - The pre Cit-in 'Teddies Tour' itinerary can be downloaded from the HOME page.

There is still plenty of accommodation available in Dalby, just contact motels direct for Cit-in offers.

We would like many more people to come so get those Registrations in soon as closing date is 1st March, less than 4 weeks now.

Cheers, Ken

Folks,

Below is another update from Ian Steele regarding the Apres Cit-in Tour. I will add the pic after I have worked on them a bit.

B Tour……a Tribute to Ron

G’day all. Just a short update,

I have added a bit to the name of the run as a small tribute to Ron Purvis, long time & life member of the Qld club.

Sadly Ron recently left us. He was a very keen owner & driver of Cits during the driving period of his 87 years. Ron, along with one of his sons, was with us on the last Apres Cit-in run in Qld & I have no doubt he’d be with us again this year if things didn’t go against him.

That over I’ll get down to business, not necessarily in any order though.

Firstly, If you want there is still time to come on the Tour, I don’t really have a cut off time just so long as you beat the accom rush. So if you want to tag along get in touch

[email protected]

Areas of the run have had rain so the scenery will be spectacular

So far I have 8 vehicles starting, surely we can do better than that!

Make sure you mention ‘Citroen Car Club Run’ when booking accom.

If you have a CB radio, even a hand held with good batteries, bring it along.

If you can access maps thru your local RAC club get two RACQ maps.”South East Qld’ & ‘Rockhampton/Mackay/Gladstone’

I have contacted all the c’van pks we’re staying at. It appears that not all of you that have contacted me have booked in, remember it is school hols. so you’d better get to it. I was also told the opposite, some have booked but as yet I haven’t been advised directly, PLEASE let me know by email.

Registration closing time is fast approaching so if your coming to Cit.In & haven’t registered you’d get onto it.

Here’s a couple of pics we took while setting the run.

Pics are coming - Cheers, Ken Wilson

Icon4 Only one week left to Register

Folks,

The 1st of March is rapidly approaching - really only one week top go. The Organising Committee would like another 20 participants that we don't know are already coming to register for Cit-in 2018. So I ask you to check up that the friends you thought were coming have registered. There is still plenty of accommodation available.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Regards,

Ken Wilson
    Jinandfonic likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

There are only days left to register for the 50th Cit In as we need to finalise soon for catering etc and we don’t want you to miss out.
    We are working on an event that should be of interest to the Ladies on the Saturday afternoon and there is plenty for everybody to enjoy on the Saturday morning after you have judged the show and shine. Entertainment with your dinner both Saturday and Sunday nights. The beautiful Bunyas on Sunday along with the Observation run, Prizes, raffles, Club Shops, entertainment, plenty of food and drinks along with a big 50th celebration cake on Sunday night.

Beautiful district, lovely town, friendly people and an excellent venue, be quick before we close entries.
    Jinandfonic, Bruce H and Ken W like this.

Fellow Frogger!

Driving from WA to the Gold Coast in Nissan Patrol towing a caravan it was lovely to see three old Citroens come towards us near Bourke.

That will most likely be some of the South Australians heading back via Broken Hill. I hope you gave them the flash and toot routine.

Check out the Citroen Car Club Queensland facebook page for some photos from Cit-in.

https://www.facebook.com/citroenclub...Bx3CeI9qAL_tQc

Cheers, Ken
    Last edited by Ken W; 5th April 2018 at 08:33 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

The surprise of the first one got a standard wave, the gleaming chrome grill reflecting the light so I could not tell what it was til close. The surprise of the second one I was winding my window down to wave but he sped passed sounding good. The third one I got it right lol.

Thread Information