Resources to learn technical details about a Citroen C5 X7 ( esp engine) ?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jaahn

Thread: Resources to learn technical details about a Citroen C5 X7 ( esp engine) ?

Fellow Frogger!

Default Resources to learn technical details about a Citroen C5 X7 ( esp engine) ?

Keen to learn more about the technical details of Citroen C5 X7s ( hopefully prior to a purchase).
    Save joining Citroen Service or using google translate for a 574 page Carnet de Poche are there any readily available documents / diagrams in English from PSA or pieces written by knowledgeable enthusiasts ?

Advertisement
    Nostalgia.....aahh It's not what it used to be

1000+ Posts

I know of an excellent engine description, but it is in French. There is no Haynes to my knowledge.

The DW10C 2.0HDI engine has a Delphi injection and management system. The Delphi handbook, in English, is online "DELPHI Common Rail.pdf"

You could go on Citroen Service Technical doccumentation site. You will need a Vin No. to access the details of the cars. Register your name. All details re. components are there and for $10.00 you can download 1 hour of data re. maintenance and parts.
    Allan.
    Got your PM. Great car. Make sure the car of interest has a COMPLETE SERVICE HISTORY. In particular the oil that has been used in the services.
    It is also VERY important that the car has a top quality high amperage battery.
    Last edited by tasie C5; 25th August 2017 at 01:24 PM.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dayofthejackal View Post
    Keen to learn more about the technical details of Citroen C5 X7s ( hopefully prior to a purchase).
    Save joining Citroen Service or using google translate for a 574 page Carnet de Poche are there any readily available documents / diagrams in English from PSA or pieces written by knowledgeable enthusiasts ?
    Hi dayofthejackel
    Try this. I purchased a similar copy years ago and was blown away by the stuff there. Same as the Citroen Service site but on your own computer. PM me if you want more of an opinion.
    citroen service manual BX,XANTIA,c5,ds5,xm,c6,evasion,c8,nemo,jumpy,c15,c 25,c
    Jaahn
    Note you need an earlier 32 bit version of windows to run them or some jiggery pokey with the current 64 bit version. But worth it for the information IMHO. If I had a modern Citroen now I would have one for myself first action I did.
    Last edited by jaahn; 25th August 2017 at 03:57 PM.
    antonio likes this.

Thread Information