C4 Grand Picasso EAT6 transmission fluid
  • Register
  • Help

Default C4 Grand Picasso EAT6 transmission fluid

Anybody here know what transmission fluid the EAT6 box uses? Searched the net, found nothing about this transmission. Also, what is the recommended fluid change interval? I don't buy the "sealed for life" tag. My vehicle is now at 54,000km and i was thinking of getting the transmission fluid changed at the next service (60,000km).

Advertisement

If your car is still under warranty, I would use whatever is recommended in the owners handbook or the CITROEN Dealer. I have been putting two changes through my AM6 every 60kkm so I agree with this interval.

Cheers Ken

Hi Ken,
    Yes, it is still under warranty. I'll give the dealer a call to determine the fluid specs and how much it will cost. 60k interval seems to be the agreed norm. I will surely get this done at the next service.

1000+ Posts

The dealers all say "sealed for life". The transmission was made by Aisin Seiki in Japan, and will probably use a JWS specification.

In the USA you can buy Aisin branded fluid, which Aisin leaflets recommend is changed every 20,000 km. The AM6 box is used in American cars, but I don't know if the EAT6 derived from it is sold there.

1000+ Posts

As you are no doubt aware only about half of the oil can be changed at a time [about 3.5 liters ]the oil in the torque converter ,cant be drained so mixes with the new oil ,google total oils ,i get mine in bris ,at a quite reasonable price ,no doubt if the dealer is doing the change they will want to use there own oil at there own price ,mines a 05 peugeot 307 with 6 speed aisin warner ,pugs

Checked with the service advisor at the dealer, they are fine with me supplying my own oil as long as its the equivalent spec. It was to late to check the exact oil specs with the parts dept today. Will do so sometime next week.

Fellow Frogger!

PSA Euro 5 = 9734.R7 = JWS 3324 = Toyota ATF WS = Penrite ATF LV

Thread Information