C5 2002 HdI Turbo Auto
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By seasink
  • 1 Post By gerry freed

Thread: C5 2002 HdI Turbo Auto

Default C5 2002 HdI Turbo Auto

I am in the process of changing the timing belt and have hit a silly snag. Must be age or something. How do you access somewhere to clamp the flywheel to get the auxiliary pulley off? Normally one removes a plate ahead of the flywheel and bolts a toothed clamp under the engine. That part of the engine is covered with a solid plate that appears to be part of the engine mounting. I am reluctant to remove it as I strongly dislike engines falling on my head.

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

1000+ Posts

Carnets de poche cover distribution well. CARNETS DE POCHE You'll usually find the franÁais more helpful.
    Greg likes this.

It has a diagram which resembles a foggy photo that I found on YouTube. It shows the tige going in at an angle. I will look under the car tomorrow.
    Thanks for that. You are right, the franÁais is a great asset when you are trying to work on and buy parts for PSA cars.
    Greg likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

The later C5 has a hole going into the flywheel in a hard to see spot behind the starter motor that you can put a pin into to pin the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Erikbm View Post
    The later C5 has a hole going into the flywheel in a hard to see spot behind the starter motor that you can put a pin into to pin the engine.
    That was it! I found it from under the car with an endoscope. The picture in the CitroŽn notes was quite misleading as it showed the tool at an unlikely angle. Theirs must have a some curious bends. Mine is quite different but fitted perfectly after I had pushed it into place with one hand while turning the crankshaft with a heavy 22 mm spanner with the other, lying under the sump. Now for the water pump replacement.

Thread Information