Offset steering wheel. - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Offset steering wheel.

This is such a dreadful indictment of the standard of both sales and after-sales service available to car buyers in Australia. The very reason we didn't buy a Grand C4 Picasso a few years back - the salesman couldn't even be stuffed trying to sell the car. The thought of having to deal with the same people after the sale just put me right off buying the car.

Advertisement

With the wheel alignment - I've had cars with stability control for several years and never had the electronics reset after getting a wheel alignment. I've never seen an error code from the car indicating this was required, nor had it suggested by the shop doing the wheel alignment. Mind you maybe the stability control wasn't working all that time either ?

The headlight issue is just ridiculous. Even for the dealer they should be able to see the lights aren't aligned correctly, pop the bonnet, and twist an allen key for 15 secs.

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by N5GTi6 View Post
    This is such a dreadful indictment of the standard of both sales and after-sales service available to car buyers in Australia. The very reason we didn't buy a Grand C4 Picasso a few years back - the salesman couldn't even be stuffed trying to sell the car. The thought of having to deal with the same people after the sale just put me right off buying the car.

With the wheel alignment - I've had cars with stability control for several years and never had the electronics reset after getting a wheel alignment. I've never seen an error code from the car indicating this was required, nor had it suggested by the shop doing the wheel alignment. Mind you maybe the stability control wasn't working all that time either ?

The headlight issue is just ridiculous. Even for the dealer they should be able to see the lights aren't aligned correctly, pop the bonnet, and twist an allen key for 15 secs.

Cheers

Justin
    Agree!
    We love the Picasso and the only disappointment is the lack of support for the owners and their scarcity.
    Why do they bother with the franchise I wonder.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Wow, your salesman was an utter peanut! How on earth could correcting a crooked steering wheel possibly make it worse? As a wheel alignment technician with many years experience I'm really struggling to get my head around this. It's a job that should take 5 minutes. My best guess is that they don't have an in house wheel aligner and didn't want to pay the local tyre store $30?

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app
    jaahn likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroy69 View Post
    Wow, your salesman was an utter peanut! How on earth could correcting a crooked steering wheel possibly make it worse? As a wheel alignment technician with many years experience I'm really struggling to get my head around this. It's a job that should take 5 minutes. My best guess is that they don't have an in house wheel aligner and didn't want to pay the local tyre store $30?

It was the salesman who thought I was simply your average muppet.
    They still have the Citroen franchise too.
    Much grovelling from management but the hard copy of all the promises never eventuated.
    Worst sales experience of my 56 years as a buyer.

Fellow Frogger!

[QUOTE=Nagaman;1530628]Well, a Camry wouldn't have a misaligned steering wheel, that's for sure.
    That's the true sign of quality.:wink

It's Called Pre Delivery Inspection

All brand new car purchasers are charged a pre-delivery fee (used to be around $2k) that almost certainly hasn't been carried out in this case.

Manufacturers pay dealers a set amount to undertake this task.
    This inspection is to detect and rectify any minor issues and reset to factory specifications prior to sale.
    In these money hungry times demo. vehicles would slip through unchecked, thus a reasonable saving for the dealer!
    From my experience most vehicles, no matter where they are manufactured require a proper wheel alignment at the very least.

Even Toyota Camry's.

A relative purchased a new Camry a couple of years ago to find the front tyres (Michelins)starting to scrub out within a few weeks.
    When reported to the dealer it was rectified with a wheel alignment with out any hassle.

If a Citroen dealer finds this issue too difficult to handle (or can't be bothered) how would you be with a serious problem??
    A car is only as good as dealer backup and service!

I agree with Peter, take it back and demand that it be sorted !

Alain

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    Anyway, there was much apologising and many promises eg: 30% off the first service, a free (unnecessary now) wheel alignment and a warranty extension out to 7 years but on the proviso that they did all the servicing......to be sent in hard copy via snail mail.......after a reminder...still hasnít arrived.
    They major in promises it seems......I get the impression, not so much delivery .
    Seeing there are so many $Ks to be made from so many services (probably twice yearly) youíd think they would look after their bottom line more carefully.

Did I miss something? It sounds as if you paid a 3rd party to fix the problem, then rubbed the dealer's nose in it...

[QUOTE=Alain;1544519]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    Well, a Camry wouldn't have a misaligned steering wheel, that's for sure.
    That's the true sign of quality.:wink

It's Called Pre Delivery Inspection

All brand new car purchasers are charged a pre-delivery fee (used to be around $2k) that almost certainly hasn't been carried out in this case.

Manufacturers pay dealers a set amount to undertake this task.
    This inspection is to detect and rectify any minor issues and reset to factory specifications prior to sale.
    In these money hungry times demo. vehicles would slip through unchecked, thus a reasonable saving for the dealer!
    From my experience most vehicles, no matter where they are manufactured require a proper wheel alignment at the very least.

Even Toyota Camry's.

A relative purchased a new Camry a couple of years ago to find the front tyres (Michelins)starting to scrub out within a few weeks.
    When reported to the dealer it was rectified with a wheel alignment with out any hassle.

If a Citroen dealer finds this issue too difficult to handle (or can't be bothered) how would you be with a serious problem??
    A car is only as good as dealer backup and service!

I agree with Peter, take it back and demand that it be sorted !

Alain
    You're spot on. Unfortunately many dealerships don't include a wheel alignment as part of their pre delivery inspection. I actually work as the wheel alignment technician for a dealership that sells Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Isuzu, and up until recently, Peugeot. The only vehicles out of all of these that have the wheel alignment checked as part of the P.D. is the Isuzus. A few years back I was at another large dealership selling Ford and Hyundai, no P.D. alignments there either.

I was annoyed by the single spoke not being north-south when our GS was pointed straight ahead, until learning this was a designed safety feature.
    Current car has the fixed centre so its quite noticeable to thumbs when spokes are off centre, but it seems also very sensitive to camber, so i wonder what are the margins of error and what is being discussed exactly ... not being disrespectful but - as film crew are wont to tell the spotter of goofs or continuity errors 'if they notice that, they're not watching the movie '... and suggest one might concentrate on other things when at the wheel?

edit - note; i did not buy new and have good reason to think some repairs have been done to ours
    Last edited by fnqvmuch; 20th November 2017 at 02:28 PM.
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    Did I miss something? It sounds as if you paid a 3rd party to fix the problem, then rubbed the dealer's nose in it...
    I wasnít doing the 500km round trip for a third time in a week.
    They wonít be getting the many thousands of $s over the 6 year warranty period.
    Sadly I canít use the nearest brilliant Peugeot dealership for its servicing even though they have almost identical requirements.

Car not pointing straight ahead...no issue
    When you test drive a Land Rover you have to get use to turning steering wheel right hand down, car goes left

Simple mind adjustment
    https://youtu.be/aX3EdJ30UXE

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information