• 1 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By Caisson

Thread: Ds ei and aircon windscreen washer

Fellow Frogger!

Default Ds ei and aircon windscreen washer

Sent from my LG-K520 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

I am trying to get the under bonnet a little more original. It's a 1974 pallas with aircon and ei.
    Its autoclima with single piston compressor. Pretty sure its an official fitting from new. The ordinary style aircleaner is where the right side fan used to be. When I got the car a non citroen generic washer bottle was in the LHM bracket in the spare wheel. No sign of a proper windsceen washer bracket at all anywhere.
    Could this be the original arrangement, or a modification?
    Any ideas? David

Fellow Frogger!

I put the goonie bag washer container in the spare wheel.
    Time to do better I think!

Fellow Frogger

The rigid plastic washer bottle lives in the rearmost opening of the front guard in a special bracket. You can buy it as a repro item I think, which is good since the originals I've encountered have mostly been brittle and cracked. It was on the RH in some cars, but by late 23, it's on the left and there is a 2-wire extension harness running across the scuttle and plugging into the main harness near the wiper motor. See if there is a bracket secured there by two small bolts. A helpful modification is to fit a nipple into the side of the bottle near the bottle so the pump is fed by gravity and never has a priming problem. Just don't do what I did and drill the hole in the middle only to find it was where the strap of the bracket was, then requiring a hole drilling the bracket too!

I guess the AC compressor takes up the space where the washer tank would be.
    Still, you could do better. You could connect the water drip of the AC to the bag - and vent from the top.
    So, at least in the summer, you'd have your bag always full of distilled water, which is perfect for cleaning the windshield.

Fellow Frogger!

I will have another look, but I think the rear mounted air cleaner occupies that spot and of course the compressor is in the normal place where washer tank would be

Fellow Frogger!

I will have another look, but I think the rear mounted air cleaner occupies that spot and of course the compressor is in the normal place where washer tank would be

Fellow Frogger

I found pictures of one in a late 23.
    Location is the back of the left guard.
    The bracket is secured behind the bottle.

Ds ei and aircon windscreen washer-ds23_washerbottle.jpg Ds ei and aircon windscreen washer-ds23_washerbottle_2.jpg
    Last edited by David S; 1st August 2017 at 08:36 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry David, I didn't read your post properly. You mean on the left rear just behind the cardboard ventilation tube?
    Could be the go. Thanks!

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry David, I didn't read your post properly. You mean on the left rear just behind the cardboard ventilation tube?
    Could be the go. Thanks!

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the photos David it's becoming clearer.
    Marco at Citro Services referrs to it as the square tank.
    I gather he doesnt stock them though.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Caisson View Post
    Thanks for the photos David it's becoming clearer.
    Marco at Citro Services referrs to it as the square tank.
    I gather he doesnt stock them though.
    Once again David is spot on, Othello covers this very nicely here. . .
    LE LAVE-GLACE SUR LES DS INJECTION ELECTRONIQUE CLIMATISÉES. | Citrothello

Cheers
    Chris
    David S likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger

He's modified a spare wheel can bracket to fit into the front guard. Why not just find the right part instead?

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    He's modified a spare wheel can bracket to fit into the front guard. Why not just find the right part instead?
    From google translate. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Othello
    My blood is just a turn, without any other information, I have to find a way to implement it on my EI. I acquired several original air conditioners, and never there was this support with the parts. It is systematically forgotten. And given the very small number of DS produced with Citroën air-conditioning and injection, it is an extremely rare piece. I have never seen one.

I leave the classical support, and my bodybuilder makes the necessary modifications. It is also necessary to put an "extension cord" to power the windshield washer pump which also places on the left wing, with the jar.
    I guess knowing what you are looking for when the combination of injection with ac is quite rare makes manufacturing the required part an optimum solution? He certainly has the resources at his disposal.

Cheers
    Chris
    Arekisir likes this.
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

Fellow Frogger!

Hey Chriss what an amazing fantastic resource is Aussiefrogs! Thanks for the link with every detail.
    I just went up to garage to look at the left rear inner mudguard in question. Thats where the aircon dryer is on my car. Obviously then my windscreen washer tank belongs in the spare wheel. Not to worry there's lots of other issues pending, including the instrument cluster fuel to temp guage conversion. David

Quote Originally Posted by Caisson View Post
    Hey Chriss what an amazing fantastic resource is Aussiefrogs! Thanks for the link with every detail.
    I just went up to garage to look at the left rear inner mudguard in question. Thats where the aircon dryer is on my car. Obviously then my windscreen washer tank belongs in the spare wheel. Not to worry there's lots of other issues pending, including the instrument cluster fuel to temp guage conversion. David
    Hi David,
    I can't say how original or correct your car is with the fitment of ac, a good few things have been changed or moved around. So the mounting of the receiver dryer might also fall in this category? Looks like an original York compressor, these have caused problems with the crankshaft pulley and are not that efficient by current technology - that is an item in the system I would change. . .

I owe you some mail, I've been remiss and will post temp gauge stickers this week.

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

I've got a washer bottle ( care of Chris!) if you need one, free if you need, PM me.

Fellow Frogger!

Sounds good Chriss.the original York compressor was RS when I got the car from Ian Stee about 14 yrs ago. I took the car into the exellent local auto electicians suggesting a rotary compressor. Ted said no, keep it original style with a new Sanden unit. He was correct. The single piston pump work fine as far as I can tell jusr as good as the royary pumps on CX and Xantia.
    Thanks for your offer fornoreason but I have the tank coming from Citro Services.
    Regards, David

Bounge likes this.

Thread Information