C5 X7 light coloured Soft Feel
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By flipperman

Thread: C5 X7 light coloured Soft Feel

Default C5 X7 light coloured Soft Feel

Hi C5 X7 owners,

Thanks to a very observant fellow Frogger who replaced their Light Coloured Soft Feel drivers door pull trim on an early car, he noticed that the replacement is no longer Soft Feel!

As in the Dark Grey interior, the trim now has a semi gloss hard finish that is much more durable.

I did some further investigating and the centre console trim is no longer soft feel as well.

All late X7's a fitted with the semi gloss finish on both the console and the door pulls.

I've just brought in the Centre console trim for our 2009 X7. The X7 is pretty lacking in decent storage, and leaving a set of keys in the centre console is an accident waiting to happen with the Soft Feel?

It's a bit pricey, but includes the ashtray and the handbrake surround. It's not so difficult to fit, fitting the cigarette lighter into the new ashtray proving the most difficult. There is a bit of a trick to it.

For those who continue to persevere with their original soft feel, the number one warning is not to use a silicone cleaner (Armour All).

Best regards,

Greg

Advertisement
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

I always use 303, have done for many years - is an excellent product. I am not at financial liberty to express my concerns as to the use of Armourall (however it is spelt).
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 HDI EGS Sedan
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

So is it now called "Harder-Feel"?
    Greg likes this.
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information