Another Lexia Woes Thread
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ken W

Thread: Another Lexia Woes Thread

Default Another Lexia Woes Thread

After sending the Suspension Pump from my 2006 C5 to the UK for rebuild and reinstalling it would not start and I am getting fault messages I finally bought Diagbox/ Lexia off ebay. I was sick of paying $150 to the local dealer every time they plug into the car.

I installed it no problem on my Dell Laptop running Windows 7. I also installed the update that came on a separate disc. When I started it I got to the screen with a Lexia and a Scan Tool button but no further. Some research on the UK site educated me that it will not run on my 64 bit system and a 32 bit computer is needed. It is not mentioned in the computer requirements so is that the case?

Advertisement

I then loaded it on an old laptop with Windows XP. It had a clunky old DVD drive and loaded the program OK but would not recognise the update disc. I figured it should still connect to the car in the old 7.02 configuration. When I start this program it says "connect VCA cable" which I assume means the cable to the car. The computer recognised the hardware when I plugged the cable box into it and the light illuminated but when I plugged into the car the computer did not recognise that.

It is therefore possible that I have a dodgy cable or that I need to load the program with updates onto another better computer running 32 bit.

Any other advise on where I should go from here? Anyone near here have Lexia as at least by trying another cable I could rule that in or out. I am on the Sunshine Coast.

Hi 456eec,

Diagbox is tricky to install but it sounds as you are very close. I have successfully installed it on Win XP SP3 32 bit and Win 7 32 bit. It does only like to use the interface unit on the USB port that the drivers were installed on but if you restart it a few times it seems to sort itself out.

There is a program that will check the interface box out and see if it is suitable for the Diagbox program. Any old interface box will work with LEXIA but Diagbox requires a signed Peugeot or Citroen interface box.

Do you ever come down to Brisbane? I think Steeley is on a trip to NQ at present and I'm not sure when he gets back. We have a CCCQ club meeting on August 9th down in Brissie and I will be up in Maleny for a wedding at the end of August. Dimistyle has my Lexia system down in the Mooloolaba area at present. I will think about ways of getting this program to you.

Cheers, Ken

Hi Ken
    Thanks for you kind help.
    Dimi did get in contact with me and we may be able to organise something.
    I have a friend organising me a better 32 bit laptop. I will try that first to see if it works. If not I may be able to take my cable to Dimi and see if it works on his car to rule in/out cable problems?

I'm not sure what an interface box is?

Regards
    Justin

Hi Guys,

Definitely 32 bit Windows..........The factory is running Diagbox on Windows 7 now, but has to be 32 bit..

The diagnostic socket you buy also seems to vary in Quality, and some work and some don't.

I have a dedicated laptop, but it still sometimes gives me trouble. And having Diagbox sometimes only complicates things and doesn't resolve them.

Knowing your way around the car and Diagbox does help, but believe me some of the Citroen Technicians have trouble resolving problems as well, and they deal with it every day.

The only problems I've ever encountered with the hydraulic pump (and from what I'm told from other repairers), the carbon buildup in the electric pump is always the cause of problems.........But there will always be exceptions.

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Hey Greg
    Thanks for that. I was never sure that the pump was actually the problem but the $600 it cost to send it to be rebuild and tested (compared with the $2300 I was quoted at the dealer) seemed to be worth it so I was confident the pump was OK. It was fairly simple to take in and out. I did it twice as did clean the motor out as suggested on the forum but when it still wouldnt go I took it out and sent it away. Now I can only assume it is a management issue stopping it from starting.

Hopefully the Lexia will help. I believe you can manually start the pump on the program. is that correct? I have the tank set up with a inner tube filler and a hand pump to prime it with a few PSI when the pump does (hopefully) eventually go.

I now have a 32 bit laptop but haven't had a chance to install and test yet.

Justin

Hi Justin,

The Lexia interface box that Dimistyle has on my old Lexia system will not work with Diagbox so don't try that combination. Also, the Lexia and Diagbox software will do random software updates on the Lexia interface box sometimes the first time you use them in combination. Good luck with the install on the 32 bit system.

Cheers, Ken

Hi Ken
    OK. This morning I installed the 7.01 software no problem on the new-old computer running XP. When I tried to install the update software I got an error something like "Win32 doesnt recognise" so just went with the 7.01.
    Started and plugged into the car and immediately recognised and gave me the VIN so I know the cable is OK. I input the RPO and got to the menu with the green buttons. Hit the diagnosis button and got to the next screen but I then got an error massage saying that connection was lost and the program must be closed to continue or something like that.
    I will have another go this afternoon when I get home from work and see if I can get any further.

I will keep you posted.

Regards

Justin.

Hi Justin,

It often takes a few goes to wake the whole system up. It also helps to have the car battery at tippy top charge condition - Especially if you want to change any parameter. If your car appears on the menu correctly, then V7.01 is all you need.

When you install the update, you have to reboot the computer and then it recognises that the update is sitting there and installs it when you restart Diagbox.

Cheers, Ken
    Greg likes this.

Hi Justin,

Kens advice is very good...........

I've found that the USB cables can give problems with intermittent connection. I've done a global faults, and half of them fail because I moved the laptop and the usb port caused intermittent connection.

When your using an old laptop, of unknown origins, you never know how much work the ports have done?

Installing newer update can also sometimes give you less facilities with Diagbox's diagnostics. European Autos at Penrith run two laptops, one with a very early programme, and one unto date. The early one lets you do some adjustment on some cars that has been deleted on the later updates.

Nothing in life is simple!

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Hi Guys
    Here's the latest. Like you said Ken, after a few tries I got Lexia up and running well. Got in and checked faults. The only ones there seem to be associated with the radio. Despite there being none showing, the car still beeps and comes up with "depollution system faulty" on the display every time I start it.

I did get into the suspension part of the program and found the buttons to raise, lower the car etc. Tried them all and the pump failed to start.
    I am now wondering is there power to the pump. I checked voltage at the pump's fuse. 11V when not running and 14.3V running. The battery is about a year old and I charged it overnight last weekend so I hope it should be alright. I replaced the fuse with a new 40A maxifuse which I checked for continuity so this isn't the problem. As I cant get to the pump power connector, with the tank and hoses in the way I have just drained the tank (for the 3rd time) and am going to pull it and the hoses off to access the plug to the motor. I will check voltage there.

Before I do I want to clarify a few things.
    I read somewhere that the pump always has voltage and it runs when the control system earths it? Based on this I earthed the pump body to the -ve battery terminal with a jumper lead which should have started the pump but nothing happened. This leads me to think either there is no power to the pump or it is still faulty.

I also noticed on the pump, in addition to the heavy duel wire plug there is another small one. It only has one wire with the second wire of the duel plug seems to be blanked. What does this do and is it significant to my issue?

I am running out of things to try with this car as it has been off the road since April. If I can't get it sorted I am going to have to get it towed back to the Citroen dealer with my tail between my legs.

The real problem is that the original Lexia program was written for use in Windows 3.1. Very basic darn dinosaur of a program. It lives in a more modern kind of skin / package called the diagbox, but it still works on the much older almost DOS based program.
    I always have to try several times before the interface cable is recognised as connected. Added to this is the fact that the Chinese knock off version software and connection cable are cracked versions, it's a miracle they work at all, ever.
    Good luck with it.
    A more normal car diagnostic tool which EVERYONE else uses on their NORMAL cars would be so much easier, but then you don't have that Unique Citroen Experience..

1000+ Posts

I don't have one, but a review would be nice--

There is PSA-COM software written in Europe, with Chinese hardware. The manual is worth a read. http://auto-diagnostics.info/pdf/psacom-manual-en.pdf

Expensive-ish on the original site PSA-COM: Peugeot/Citroen professional diagnostic scantool, but very reasonable from some eBay sellers (not sure if they fell off trucks).

but it still works on the much older almost DOS based program.
    So Diagbox runs on 16 bit code ?

Quote Originally Posted by 456eec View Post
    Hi Guys
    Here's the latest. Like you said Ken, after a few tries I got Lexia up and running well. Got in and checked faults. The only ones there seem to be associated with the radio. Despite there being none showing, the car still beeps and comes up with "depollution system faulty" on the display every time I start it.

I did get into the suspension part of the program and found the buttons to raise, lower the car etc. Tried them all and the pump failed to start.
    I am now wondering is there power to the pump. I checked voltage at the pump's fuse. 11V when not running and 14.3V running. The battery is about a year old and I charged it overnight last weekend so I hope it should be alright. I replaced the fuse with a new 40A maxifuse which I checked for continuity so this isn't the problem. As I cant get to the pump power connector, with the tank and hoses in the way I have just drained the tank (for the 3rd time) and am going to pull it and the hoses off to access the plug to the motor. I will check voltage there.

Before I do I want to clarify a few things.
    I read somewhere that the pump always has voltage and it runs when the control system earths it? Based on this I earthed the pump body to the -ve battery terminal with a jumper lead which should have started the pump but nothing happened. This leads me to think either there is no power to the pump or it is still faulty.

I also noticed on the pump, in addition to the heavy duel wire plug there is another small one. It only has one wire with the second wire of the duel plug seems to be blanked. What does this do and is it significant to my issue?

I am running out of things to try with this car as it has been off the road since April. If I can't get it sorted I am going to have to get it towed back to the Citroen dealer with my tail between my legs.
    Justin did you actually have connection to the suspension ecu as I suspect loose pin on the multi connector or as mentioned before the power lead may have burned out

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Thread Information