ds wiper blades
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arekisir

Thread: ds wiper blades

Default ds wiper blades

I have searched the threads and not come up with an answer for 2 seemingly simple questions

Does anyone have the wiper blade lengths for the d special lh & rh?

Is their a readily available modern blade that conforms to the curve of the windscreen?

Just finishing off installing a new windscreen as it was scratched by a wiper arm.

Advertisement

Alex

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Arekisir View Post
    I have searched the threads and not come up with an answer for 2 seemingly simple questions

Does anyone have the wiper blade lengths for the d special lh & rh?

Is their a readily available modern blade that conforms to the curve of the windscreen?

Just finishing off installing a new windscreen as it was scratched by a wiper arm.

Alex
    Rubber blades are 33cm, the stainless supports x 2 per blade are 32cm. Same for left and right.

However. . . there are different wiper arm types, if you come across the three support style grab them - when they do come up for sale they command big dollars. This style will more readily conform to the curve of the screen. Note with this style of arm they are sided and differ left and right.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hi Guys

I think the wipers were Bosch, and work so well, but now scarce as!

If you find some, I need a pair in silver for our DS21........Can swap for a pair in black.

best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Greg - I have silver paint ....

I have attached an image of mine trying to form the shape needed.
    ds wiper blades-1501386357420.jpg

The flexibility of the setup seems to be made up from both the wiper blade itself and the frame.

I have plastic backed blades (came with car) do people use this type or the metal/ rubber?

Rubber/metal : http://www.tridon.com.au/products/Tr...s/222188/MRJ20

Plastic / rubber : http://www.tridon.com.au/products/Tr...ills/509/TNB24

Thanks
    alex

Sent from my SM-J5007 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    Greg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arekisir View Post

The flexibility of the setup seems to be made up from both the wiper blade itself and the frame.

I have plastic backed blades (came with car) do people use this type or the metal/ rubber?

Thanks
    alex
    Use the rubber/metal type, the metal can be shaped to form the curve. . .

Edit: As mentioned the 3 support style wipers are sided, I think you have them in the wrong positions i.e. the lower version in my pic above with the longer supports is for the right hand side.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thread Information