Citroen DS3 DSport 2010 - Trouble installing boost controller
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Citroen DS3 DSport 2010 - Trouble installing boost controller

Hi anyone who can help,

I am relatively new to upgrading my Citroen DS3 DSport 2010 and have been purchasing parts which generally I don't have a problem with until now. I recently purchased a Turbosmart BOOST TEE Manual Boost Controller, managed to have what looked like it hooked up correctly however all I managed to do was stop my turbo and activate limp home mode. After putting the original fittings back in place my turbo fired back up, business as usual. Did I miss something on the turbo which was meant to be plugged/unplugged? The online pdf for the controller has this note, Remove the factory boost control solenoid if fitted from the boost pressure supply port while leaving the solenoid connected to the ECU. Does my turbo have a boost control solenoid fitted which I didn't see while I was down there? ( it can be hard to see much under the DS3 bonnet it is very compact ) anyone who has used this product or has any helpful information would be appreciated as I am stumped. Oh and one other thing, a little embarrassed to ask this one but where is the fuel filter located on the Citroen DS3 DSport? I have scoured the internet high and low, I have had no fortune in my travels hoping I can find some here.

Kind regards Euan

Advertisement

P.S this is a link to the pdf of the controller
    http://www.turbosmart.com/wp-content...01-1001-BT.pdf

The fuel filter is at the back on the passenger side, between the spare wheel well and the rear spring.

It's only fitted to cars sold in markets with a "dusty atmosphere" like Australia.

Here is a pic from a 208 GTi but it's in the same area:

Citroen DS3 DSport 2010 - Trouble installing boost controller-fuelfilter.jpg

The turbo pressure regulation solenoid valve is much trickier to find and get to. It's under the inlet manifold and above the starter motor. If you look directly up from the driver's side driveshaft intermediate bearing, you might just see it above you.

The red bit in this picture (from a 207 GTi):

Citroen DS3 DSport 2010 - Trouble installing boost controller-boostcontrol.jpg
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

ty so much!

Tadpole

silly question which one of those do I pull out? the one leading in or one of the ones coming out of the yellow part? dad is being a pain and will not let me touch my own car without being 100% sure zzz

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    The fuel filter is at the back on the passenger side, between the spare wheel well and the rear spring.

It's only fitted to cars sold in markets with a "dusty atmosphere" like Australia.

Here is a pic from a 208 GTi but it's in the same area:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuelfilter.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	98216

The turbo pressure regulation solenoid valve is much trickier to find and get to. It's under the inlet manifold and above the starter motor. If you look directly up from the driver's side driveshaft intermediate bearing, you might just see it above you.

The red bit in this picture (from a 207 GTi):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boostcontrol.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	98217
    do I need to disconnect one of the leads from the yellow part or is it the lead that is slightly further up from them but obscured in the photo?

Thread Information