Fellow Frogger!

Default Pre loved Citroens

A fantastic collection of Citroens !

Inside Citroen?s ?secret? car collection

Advertisement

Allen
    JAJEA and Greg like this.

Fellow Frogger!

Very good article and great pictures . The only mistake is early on when it states that the collection is not open to the public. Thankfully it is. i went around the Conservatoire a couple of months ago after making an appointment by email. Sad thing was I was the only person visiting.
    UFO likes this.
    Nostalgia.....aahh It's not what it used to be

I think the appropriate saying is "Priceless"

Thanks for sharing this with us Alain. Magnificent!

Can you tell me what email you made the visit request to? I have emailed and no response, I guess they may be on holiday. I thought they only did group tours, would be good to get an answer from them as keen to go in August.

COL

Yes well worth a visit.
    UFO likes this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Try This:

You can now visit the CitroŽn Conservatoire. Please email your request to: [email protected]

or

[email protected]
    UFO and forumnoreason like this.
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

UFO

It is well worth a visit. Mrs UFO and I have actually been there twice.

If you're staying in Paris and without a car (wise), then the easiest way to get there is to catch the RER train to Gare de Villepinte then get a taxi or have a long walk. There is a pic/screen shot below. Note the left red circle is actually the Conservatoire. The karting club title is a mystery.

It's about a 40 to 50 min RER ride from Montparnasse. This is also the line that serves Roissy-en-France (aka CDG).

The cab fare should be fairly reasonable. It may be worth having instructions in French or a print of a map to show the cabby as the existence of the Conservatoire is a mystery to some. For your return journey the staff might phone you a taxi.

Pre loved Citroens-cons.jpg
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Note: they do close for French school holidays, which can be at different times in different parts of the country. Couldn't get to visit for this reason on my last trip.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Note: they do close for French school holidays, which can be at different times in different parts of the country. Couldn't get to visit for this reason on my last trip.
    Sounds like my experiences trying to get into C42. Been outside it 3 times but never inside. Yes once was at midnight whilst the vintage Renault bus we were in was crawling its way through Saturday night traffic, but the last time was a normal day. It was closed for an exhibition change and re-opened the day after we left Paris.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information