• Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood
  • 2 Post By Ken W

Thread: BX sill plate vinyl?

Default BX sill plate vinyl?

G'day guys.

I'm wondering what I might use to replace the daggy looking adhesive vinyl stuff on the upper sills, in the door opening. It seems to be a very heavy duty self adhesive vinyl.. I have a few ideas, but maybe others have been down this road, so I'll put the question out there.
    Cheers,
    Jason

Advertisement

Sent from my MIX using aussiefrogs mobile app

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Motorgnome View Post
    G'day guys.

I'm wondering what I might use to replace the daggy looking adhesive vinyl stuff on the upper sills, in the door opening. It seems to be a very heavy duty self adhesive vinyl.. I have a few ideas, but maybe others have been down this road, so I'll put the question out there.
    Cheers,
    Jason

Hi Jason,
    I should be able to send you some Black Hardura, I'll have to check but should have enough for you to do the job.
    http://www.prostitch.com.au/shopdisp...ch=Yes&sppp=20

Very hard wearing, it does have a felt/hemp backing but if there is trim around it could be what you are looking for - just glue it in place.

The linked site has a huge rage of automotive coverings so something else from their range might be more suitable, check it out?

On my BX16v I made some stickers with the 16 valve logo, laminated with a clear textured floor graphic laminate - member Dave now owns the car so not sure how well they survived.

Cheers
    Chris
    frog likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hi Guys,

You can buy ABS plastic in sheet form.......The problem with the hardura is the felt backing will absorb water and rust out the sill.

best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

And here is Greenblood's Sill Cover!

Cheers, Ken

BX sill plate vinyl?-greenblood-scuff-cover.jpg
    GreenBlood and michaelr like this.

It's lifting at the rear corner......ask for a refund!
    How long was the warranty?

Much better than the hardura :-))
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It's lifting at the rear corner......ask for a refund!
    How long was the warranty?

Much better than the hardura :-))
    Happy to provide a full 100% refund even though no warranty was expressed or implied

Actually it's faired pretty well, if I recall in my haste to fit I was a little slack in removing silicon/polish and that corner always lifted.

Thanks for the pic Ken - so quick. . .

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thanks for the replies guys.. I think I'll go with the h/duty vinyl.. I'll post some photos when I finish.. I'm still playing with rust right now. (almost done)

1000+ Posts

Even trapped moisture will exacerbate rust remember......and out of sight too.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Thread Information