Citroen ID19 1970 dash test
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood

Thread: Citroen ID19 1970 dash test

Default Citroen ID19 1970 dash test

Hi,
    Is there a way to test all the lights on the dash while the cluster is out of the car?
    By maybe connecting 12v and an earth and then touching the different connectors?
    I have installed LEDS and some work (very) well and others don't at all. Just trying to make sure it's not the globe.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cocoelguapo View Post
    Hi,
    Is there a way to test all the lights on the dash while the cluster is out of the car?
    By maybe connecting 12v and an earth and then touching the different connectors?
    I have installed LEDS and some work (very) well and others don't at all. Just trying to make sure it's not the globe.
    You probably already know but just in case. . . LEDs require correct polarity, have you tried turning the bulbs that do not work 180 degrees?

Cheers
    Chris
    Greg likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Yes I have. The one that weren't working were due to a blown fuse.

I am still interested in knowing though. I have it out at the moment and I could check that all lights work before reconnecting it.
    Thanks for all your help.

Hi Guys,
    With regards your original post, think you need to read my reply to the post DS LED dash lights, and the problems re fitting the wrong wedge Leds.

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Thread Information