C6 sales figires Australia
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: C6 sales figires Australia

Default C6 sales figires Australia

Anyone have any idea re the number of C6s sold each year in Australia from 2005-2012 and as a subset the number of 3.0 l diesels sold ?

Advertisement
    Nostalgia.....aahh It's not what it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by dayofthejackal View Post
    Anyone have any idea re the number of C6s sold each year in Australia from 2005-2012 and as a subset the number of 3.0 l diesels sold ?
    In 2015 81 units
    In 2016 79 units.

These figures are from Vfacts 2016. Unfortunately there is no breakdown as to ULP And Diesel vehicles.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

Fellow Frogger

Single figures only for the 3.0HDi. Slim pickings.

Thank God I'm a Frenchman harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    In 2015 81 units
    In 2016 79 units.

These figures are from Vfacts 2016. Unfortunately there is no breakdown as to ULP And Diesel vehicles.
    Not sure what you are referring to as 2016, the last c6 was produced 19 december 2012.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    UFO likes this.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to as 2016, the last c6 was produced 19 december 2012.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    Oh dear, my error, the Data above is in fact for the C5

Clearly I'm no Citroen expert nor profess to be one
    harrisson_citroen likes this.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

Fellow Frogger!

There was a nice dark blue one pulled up in the street in Bungendore on Thursday. If I had the money I might even be tempted to buy one.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Car 76 View Post
    There was a nice dark blue one pulled up in the street in Bungendore on Thursday. If I had the money I might even be tempted to buy one.
    Why???? While there is at least one in the USA (saw one 2 years ago at the Saratoga NY event) my good friends in Europe have told me the cars were an unmitigated disaster. Suffered from numerous electrical problems (sound familiar???) as well as front suspension strut failures (XM/etc) and were terribly expensive. OTOH both Pauline and I love the look of the damn things .

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Citroenfan View Post
    Why???? While there is at least one in the USA (saw one 2 years ago at the Saratoga NY event) my good friends in Europe have told me the cars were an unmitigated disaster. Suffered from numerous electrical problems (sound familiar???) as well as front suspension strut failures (XM/etc) and were terribly expensive. OTOH both Pauline and I love the look of the damn things .

Steve
    Not quite right. It was mostly a sales disaster, but generally regarded as a pretty good car. The main factor that undermined the sales was the marketing error that staked the new - and very pretty - c5 with same running gear - against the c6 for half the price. The c6 was overpriced for what it was and couldn't compete with the German brands- where most of its buyers would have come from. Buyers chose the c5 in droves instead as it was considered an even better car.

Fellow Frogger!

Not quite right. It was mostly a sales disaster, but generally regarded as a pretty good car. The main factor that undermined the sales was the marketing error that staked the new - and very pretty - c5 with same running gear - against the c6 for half the price. The c6 was overpriced for what it was and couldn't compete with the German brands- where most of its buyers would have come from. Buyers chose the c5 in droves instead as it was considered an even better car.
    As I said - extremely expensive - and they had numerous electrical problems as reported to me by friends in Holland. And suffered many of the same problems as the XM's and others. Did not say it was not a good car in that sense at all. Fell in love with the one we saw in Saratoga a couple of years ago. But as you mention, compared to the C5 (which we never saw over here in any way, shape or form), which one to get was basically a 'no brainer'........

Steve

C6 sales figires Australia-veerpoot-door-motorkap-c6-foto-nr.1-02-2012-6.jpgC6 sales figires Australia-veerpoot-door-motorkap-c6-foto-nr.2-02-2012-2.jpg
    Last edited by Citroenfan; 18th June 2017 at 07:04 AM.

They cost $A110k when new, about the same as a 5 series BMW. If you want to drive the same old lady's car as everyone else go buy the BMW. On that basis I think they were excellent value, and if I had the money I know what I would have bought.

The big problem in Australia was that the importer wanted a firm local order before they would place an order with France, also no advertising, two reasons for the small amount sold.

I've only driven one once and the overriding feeling was that I had to own it and keep driving it,so it could teach me how to deal with the new things it had on board, true Citroen trait if ever there was one.
    danielsydney and nota like this.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Quote Originally Posted by Citroenfan View Post
    As I said - extremely expensive - and they had numerous electrical problems as reported to me by friends in Holland. And suffered many of the same problems as the XM's and others. Did not say it was not a good car in that sense at all. Fell in love with the one we saw in Saratoga a couple of years ago. But as you mention, compared to the C5 (which we never saw over here in any way, shape or form), which one to get was basically a 'no brainer'........

Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Veerpoot door Motorkap, C6, Foto nr.1, 02-2012-6.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	97125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Veerpoot door Motorkap, C6, Foto nr.2, 02-2012-2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	97124

Since they didn't have strut front suspension this must be fake news or a massive failure of the sub frame.

Sales figures here: CitroŽn C6 production figures & technical data
    danielsydney likes this.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    Since they didn't have strut front suspension this must be fake news or a massive failure of the sub frame.

Sales figures here: CitroŽn C6 production figures & technical data
    Greg - not fake news in the least. Not common, but it did and does happen. Will ask Hein if he has more info the actual cause of the failure. FWIW - all Cits, at least the ones I have had access to, have never duplicated the ride of a well sorted out DS. When we got our XM (one of only 50 ever brought into the US) I was more that a bit disappointment with its ride characteristics compared to my 72 DS 21 Pallas with replaceable shocks. Took more than a bit of adjustments to the by-pass hole sizing, actual damper characteristics and pressures to get back, what I considered, a 'Cit' ride. And, yes, the center spheres and associated control unit were working just fine.

Steve

Fellow Frogger!

. Buyers chose the c5 in droves instead as it was considered an even better car.
    Including some Cabinet ministers in Israel
    C6 sales figires Australia-israel-c5.jpg

1000+ Posts

The C6 suspension is almost identical to the double wishbone arrangement in the C5. The difference is amortissement variable struts, as seen by the actionneur connection at the top in the photo. Nobody is reporting C5 struts through the bonnet in Australia, so it has me wondering.

There's a C6 parked in a nearby street that has me drooling. I wish my C5 interior was more like it, though not the pale leather.

It was along with the Vel Satis and attempt to establish a French branded prestige car initially for the French market. Both got little further than the government and public owned corporation executive fleets. The private company executives and the well-to-do in France prefer German cars for prestige. The trickle that sold overseas did not justify seeting up the support resources. Nothing wrong with the car though.
    I spoke to the CEO of CitroŽn who took over once the C6 was starting manufacture. He said that had it have presented as a project on his watch he would have canned it. Too difficult to get the volume up to recover the costs. Renault gave up a perfectly good car for similar reasons.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Hi Guys,

Me thinks some facts need to be dealt with here rather than fiction...........

Firstly, C5's and C6's front suspension is based on a hydraulic strut, a lot more elaborate than a Mc Person strut, but still one of the major component is a strut that mounts into the wheel arch.

C5's and C6's do not have a strut mount failure as in the Xm's and Xantias

What they occasionally have is a hydraulic strut seal failure, which can also happen to early C5's as well. As the strut on either model is not serviced, a replacement is the only solution.

The only main difference between the design of the X7 strut and that of the early C5 is the X7 doesn't have an external leak return.

I'm not aware that this has any bearing on the strut seal failures, but given that the vast majority of Hyd struts used an agriculture and heavy machinery don't have external leak returns, that Citroen just simplified the whole return pipe plumbing system.

The original hydraulic struts on the rear of the 6H traction didn't have a leak return either!

As for the electrical problems, what electric problems, there were a fair number of C6's sold in Australia, and it very hard to find a car with low milage, so that suggest to me that they are very reliable vehicles.

For me the biggest problem with the C6 was the C5, as previously stated, the price difference was enormous, and the C5 being a later car had things like the fixed hub steering wheel, and for the most part, a better dashboard?

Aussie Frogs has a big problem with miss information, so printing here-say with no factual knowledge yourself, only compounds the problem! Especially when the posts emanate from a country where the car wasn't sold.

Finding out actual sales of C6's in Australia is possible, but need to be done through the Federal Chamber of Automotive industries, and they are most likely to want to charge you heaps for the privilege.

What I do know is that to the best of my knowledge, only one 3.0 litre petrol engined C6 was imported (the first car that went to Continental Cars), all the rest being the 2.7 litre HDI, and some 3.0 litre HDI (as David mentioned) towards the end.

My thinking is that it was the first time ever that Citroen introduced a premium saloon, and had it all together at launch:

The V8 traction was a no goer, and the six cylinder didn't happen till a few year later.

The DS didn't get the 6 cylinder engine intended, and ended up with a reworked traction engine.

The CX didn't get anything at launch, not even power steering.

The XM didn't ever get great engines until the last cars with the V6.

The C6 had all the bells and whistles from day one, making it a truly land mark Citroen.

If Peugeot hadn't had their stupid 60% shared parts policy, and done the job properly, things might have been different?

Considering that Ateco did absolutely no advertising for the C6 and the high price that they sold at, sales in Australia for the C6 did pretty well?

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Fellow Frogger

There were three early show / evaluation cars imported by Ateco - two were petrol and one 2.7 HDi. One of the petrol cars remains in Sydney and the other is possibly now in Melbourne.
    Greg likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

We have a Grand Display of French Cars coming up in Brisbane next Sunday. This time organised by the Renault Club. The CCCQ had its turn last year. It is amazing the enthusiasm that day brings. At a similar event celebrating the 60 years of the DS we had 65+ ...and I will used the term loosely .. Goddesses appear. I have often wished we could get some real interest from the importers (factory will probably never happen ) to see what amount of pent up fame and goodwill the Citroen name has even in this country, but the various importers/distributors and there have been a few since the Bryson days for example who just don't seem to put in any promotional effort. Renault had an initial spurt but their advertising is now minimal too. I suppose the total numbers for local sales are just not worth the effort, but it would be nice to see some big money put into it. After all Citroen is the longest imported continuously available Euro brand in Oz, all the others have come , gone and returned ( think Fiat ) . What it really needs is factory backing as VW has done.
    Greg likes this.

1000+ Posts

The C5 suspension looks like the pic here. The top is bolted under the bodywork at a large plate that also supports the upper wishbone. The hydraulic strut is fitted through it.
    C6 sales figires Australia-cit-c5-053.jpg
    The C6 has an adjustable strut.

Just a smidgin off topic (apologies) but I find that my X7 does not handle slight bitumen corrugations compared to the C5ll. Is that just my imagination. It has plusher ride at say 80 km/hr.

By the way, I don't notice much difference with Sport Mode activated in either car, although I must admit I have experimented through some bendy bits where it should be the most noticeable.

I look forward to the new iteration of "comfort" suspension with the demise of the hydraulic type otherwise I will need to keep the current stable till they drop or the electrics fizzle out.
    2011 C5 Tourer 2.0 Comfort
    2007 C5 Sedan 2.2
    2007 C4 1.6 EGS

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Hi Guys,

Me thinks some facts need to be dealt with here rather than fiction...........

Firstly, C5's and C6's front suspension is based on a hydraulic strut, a lot more elaborate than a Mc Person strut, but still one of the major component is a strut that mounts into the wheel arch.

C5's and C6's do not have a strut mount failure as in the Xm's and Xantias

What they occasionally have is a hydraulic strut seal failure, which can also happen to early C5's as well. As the strut on either model is not serviced, a replacement is the only solution.

The only main difference between the design of the X7 strut and that of the early C5 is the X7 doesn't have an external leak return.

I'm not aware that this has any bearing on the strut seal failures, but given that the vast majority of Hyd struts used an agriculture and heavy machinery don't have external leak returns, that Citroen just simplified the whole return pipe plumbing system.

The original hydraulic struts on the rear of the 6H traction didn't have a leak return either!

As for the electrical problems, what electric problems, there were a fair number of C6's sold in Australia, and it very hard to find a car with low milage, so that suggest to me that they are very reliable vehicles.

For me the biggest problem with the C6 was the C5, as previously stated, the price difference was enormous, and the C5 being a later car had things like the fixed hub steering wheel, and for the most part, a better dashboard?

Aussie Frogs has a big problem with miss information, so printing here-say with no factual knowledge yourself, only compounds the problem! Especially when the posts emanate from a country where the car wasn't sold.

Finding out actual sales of C6's in Australia is possible, but need to be done through the Federal Chamber of Automotive industries, and they are most likely to want to charge you heaps for the privilege.

What I do know is that to the best of my knowledge, only one 3.0 litre petrol engined C6 was imported (the first car that went to Continental Cars), all the rest being the 2.7 litre HDI, and some 3.0 litre HDI (as David mentioned) towards the end.

My thinking is that it was the first time ever that Citroen introduced a premium saloon, and had it all together at launch:

The V8 traction was a no goer, and the six cylinder didn't happen till a few year later.

The DS didn't get the 6 cylinder engine intended, and ended up with a reworked traction engine.

The CX didn't get anything at launch, not even power steering.

The XM didn't ever get great engines until the last cars with the V6.

The C6 had all the bells and whistles from day one, making it a truly land mark Citroen.

If Peugeot hadn't had their stupid 60% shared parts policy, and done the job properly, things might have been different?

Considering that Ateco did absolutely no advertising for the C6 and the high price that they sold at, sales in Australia for the C6 did pretty well?

Best regards,

Greg
    100% great to wake up to some sense on a Sunday and FYI that petrol c6 lives just north of Newcastle

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Hi Guys,

Our first C5 was a series 1 V6 petrol, and the ride was very firm compared to the 4 cylinder models. The replacement has a 2006 facelift 2.0 HDI wagon. The ride on this was excellent. Obviously the bigger the engine capacity the firmer the ride?

The X7 is exactly the same, with four cylinder cars riding noticeably softer. The V6 HDI are putting out a lot of power.

But there is another strange quirk to the ride on an X7 / C6. Many cars have a side to side rocking, which is a little unsettling. I initially thought that this may be because high end cars have 4 height sensors, one each wheel, and 4 cylinder cars often only 2, one each axle, but it can happen to all the cars

I'm not the only one that has found some C5 x7 / C6 ride strange, the Gayndah boys aren't happy with the ride on their C6 because of this , and Jim Reddiex bought a low milage C5 X7, and resold it not liking the choppy side to side ride.

Our C5 2.7, doesn't seem to suffer it very much at all, and neither does a 4 cylinder X7 some friends have just purchased?

In an effort to work out why this happens I sought an answer from a good friend Citroen mechanic, who works on late cars on a daily basis, so should know? His answer is the car needs a rear wheel alignment. He says the bushes settle from when the car is first built, and alters the rear alignment.

Inspection of the multilink rear end shows an adjustable link on either side. I presume the adjustment alters toe in and toe out,. I've not had an alignment done on our car, but it makes sense that this adjustment would alter the ride handling substantially.

Anyone else's experience with this rear alignment on a C6 / C5 would be most interesting to read!

Best regards,

Greg
    turnbull151 likes this.
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Yep fixes the whack whack feeling while coming out of corners

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Quote Originally Posted by fritzelhund View Post
    we had 65+ ...and I will used the term loosely .. Goddesses appear.

Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 25th June 2017 at 05:19 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Well we did !!!!!!!!!!!
    But I will still call 2CVs ... 2CVs not "ducks" or Enten
    And I will not call Ds "snoeks".

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information