Berlingo Vs Berlingo II - The differences
  • Register
  • Help

Default Berlingo Vs Berlingo II - The differences

Picked up my new Berlingo during the week & once again unable to fault Continental Car's service. Everything was as I asked when I arrived & they gave me a great trade in on my old Berlingo.

Advertisement

Obviously the new & the old vans look different at the front but there are many differences in the cab & the driving characteristics.

It feels like the driving position is quite a bit higher so the car feel has somewhat gone.

• Dashboard is more chunky, totally different but not neccessarily better.
    • The stereo is now CD instead of tape & doesn't come on when the driver's door is opened or stay on for 1 minute after the key is removed.
    • There is no flap over the stereo.
    • Glove box size is rediculously small.
    • Ashtray is removable & ciggy lighter has an extra friend but named "12V".
    • Different musical beeps when something is left on or open.
    • Beeps when down to the last 10 litres of fuel, light as well.
    • Head lights high & low beam, the best I've ever experienced! Really good.
    • Exactly the same pay load capacity as the old van, including the space under the passenger seat. Hope that info helps somebody.

This van is a lot quieter, smoother than the last. Today I fitted it out with the racking from my old van & can say with the weight in, it has a better ride than the old van.

So far, with 1250k's, I am very happy with it. The look at the front is quite unusual but I am getting used to it. I'd say it's more refined all round & I am making good use of the side door, a feature not available when I bought my first one.

i have a mate who drives a berlingo( old shape) for his work. olves the car. He has looked into the new berlingo. he likes them alot too, infact when his lease runs out he looks like upgrading. i have had abit of a look aswell, the sliding door is a real bonus.

Fellow Frogger!

Just out of curiousity, how do these compare to the Barina Combo (not that the Barina would be on my shopping list)?

Regards
    Andrew

Can't speak for the newer ones.
    My mother in law had 3 older Combo's, they all needed new engines & gearboxes. With one of the engine problems, the blame was fair & square the dealer's fault for not replacing the cam belt when told to.
    Perhaps just bad luck.
    They don't have a good record with her & I've heard similar from another company in brisbane that couriers to the islands in Moreton Bay, gearboxes on both of theirs as well.

My Berlingo's gearbox bearings failed at 83,000k's so I can't say it was trouble free for me either. France are still assessing whether the warranty can cover the repairs as I was 8 months out of warranty when it happened.

Are the barina's running gear beefed up from that of the hatchback"chicks car"?

Tadpole

We have an early Combo at work, with 180,000+km, and everyone hates it. We replaced two later model, still old shape, Combos with 3 Echo vans as we didn't need a highcube van for proofs, I work for a printer, anymore. We're looking at replaceing the last one and may end up with a Berlingo. Funny thing is, I nearly bought the first Berlingo in Canberra a few years ago.

Icon10

AFAIK its the dashboard that is the main difference between the two generations. The 2nd generation is very funky I like it a lot. Some components are the same as the C3 and C2...

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    AFAIK its the dashboard that is the main difference between the two generations. The 2nd generation is very funky I like it a lot. Some components are the same as the C3 and C2...
    Looks like the Berlingo 2 uses the same instruments from the Peugeot 206.

Troy.

Tadpole

wow..ltns...bz with work and exams
    there are much more differences than just dashboard

ber2 rotors are ventilated (front)
    gear ratio slightly diff (so i heard)
    engine is a different one from the ber , d15b (72hp) vs d15 (65 hp)
    air intake system is different , using panel instead of round filters (easier to maintain and mod too)
    some other slight differences under the hood design wise
    multiplex wiring (dont think ber1 had this)

Tadpole

btw use ch-4 or ci-4 oils only
    cf is not enough as ber2 has egr

Thread Information