• Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By shanadoo
  • 1 Post By shanadoo
  • 1 Post By dimistyle

Thread: Solenoid Dreamig

Fellow Frogger!

Default Solenoid Dreamig

A thought on using AL4 rebuilt white top solenoids. When a white top is replaced with a black top, the ECU is normally reprogrammed because the pulse width modulation frequency is different . So they shouldn't be mixed.
    Ok now what happens when you have black top solenoids with a reprogrammed ECU, and replace them with modified outdated white top solenoids?. Now my understanding is the solenoid coils do not get rebuilt/replaced during the modification, so the P.M.F would be the same as a standard non modified white top.
    So should the Ecu be deprogrammed accordingly to ensure the correct pulsing of solenoids ev5-ev6, before and after gear shifts, at the correct speed and duration.
    A lazy Sunday afternoon's musing. So much to do and so little enthusiasm.

Advertisement

'The bird of life has but a short way to fly and lo, he is already on the wing'.
    Omar Khayyam 12th C.

Cheers Tony.
    Last edited by shanadoo; 18th April 2017 at 10:03 AM.

Fellow Frogger

I don't know the answer to the question, except to note that by now almost all cars with have later software and probably the 'black' valves. The engine software was always upgraded to at least be compatible with the gearbox software, so you can't necessarily alter the gearbox software in isolation. I'd also understood that the later software (past a certain edition, which I don't know offhand) could cope with either type of valve, but early software with later valves or just mismatched valves was not workable.

Anyway, you are obviously pining for another, so here's one for you to play with that won't break the bank:
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/nort...dan/1136789615
    It goes forward and has enough rego left for you to get it home!

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks David S
    My thoughts exactly [sitting in shady backyard, enjoying cup of tea and watching the clouds roll in on a Sunday arvo]

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/nort...dan/1136789615

Not a viable proposition really, So I'll stick to enjoying absolute trouble free inexpensive motoring with the little Xsara.
    It's such a well built motor car.

Cheers Tony.
    GreenBlood and JohnW like this.

Fellow Frogger

I was being a little cruel to make that suggestion I guess. At least I've given the C5 vendor a bit more traffic! The car looks superficially OK and I reckon they detailed it for the yard and then the gearbox fell over. Shame about that gearbox, but maybe someone can pull the side out of it and etc. and repair - To3y and dimistyle -style?

Which model Xsara? I have 7 x NOS air filters, Citroen part 1444J3 in the older red/white boxes, apparently for Xsara II with EW10J4 if it fits. They would also suit some versions of Pug 206 I think. I want to move them on, so if you (or others) can use them for the cost of post, let me know via pm.

p.s. Filters are marked Tecafiltres LX642 and would fit an aperture 20 x 16cm. Depth under the rubber rim is 45mm. They might even fit despite the part number.
    Last edited by David S; 18th April 2017 at 09:11 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Good offer David S but I have 1999 N1 1.8ltr XU7JP10 filter needed is way bigger. Thanks anyway. But good deal for someone.

Gotta go, the two women here reckon my 2 minutes of allotted time on my own computer is up.

Cheers Tony.
    jaahn likes this.

Its got more Kms than mine and sitting in the wtong state. But as you say should be an easy fix if you have the patience and determination. At least it moves in the forward direction.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app
    Kenfuego likes this.

Thread Information