Ds23 pallas ie - parting out VIC
  • Register
  • Help

Default Ds23 pallas ie - parting out VIC

Hi. I bought this car as a project but it seems a bit too much for me. I'm parting it out so if you are after anything let me know.

Advertisement

I have looked into it a little more. There is a brand new muffler, never fitted. The starter is new also but has been fitted.
    I will start dismantling it over the next week or so and will update with all available parts. In the meantime, if there is anything you want in particular please contact me.

Fellow Frogger

Is it really beyond redemption? Is it extensively rusted? It's surprising what people are taking on as projects and also at the sorts of parts people are chasing. You can of course buy most of the replacement parts needed for even a major restoration these days.

Is this car an auto or 5 speed manual version of the 23 IE? Pallas or non-Pallas trim?

The new starter could be a high torque starter if it's a fairly short body and too short for the heat shield. You can see the starters now on offer if you look at parts vendor websites such a franzose.de and citroenclassics.co.uk.

It is fairly rusted. I have a bit of an emotional attachment to the DS as that is what my dad drove me around in as a child. He ended up owning several of them one being a cabrio. That's why I took it on but as a first project/attempt its too much for me.
    It is an auto DS23 Pallas IE with pallas trim.
    The starter is new though I can't say if it's a short body or long.

Can you put some photos up of the rusted areas?
    DS23 Pallas BVM Vert Argente - in ground up restoration, soon to be BVH.
    DSpecial 4speed Beige Vanneau, previous ; XM 2.0, maroon, my first.
    And a variety of the usual crapboxes before seeing the light. Except my Mini Cooper with the 3.4 cam and twin webers - that wasn't a POS.

Bikes -
    Ducati GTS860, CB350, XT550, Z500, T250, XR200, ag90.

Ds23 pallas ie - parting out VIC-dsc_0020.jpgDs23 pallas ie - parting out VIC-dsc_0021.jpgDs23 pallas ie - parting out VIC-dsc_0022.jpgDs23 pallas ie - parting out VIC-dsc_0023.jpgDs23 pallas ie - parting out VIC-dsc_0024.jpgDs23 pallas ie - parting out VIC-dsc_0025.jpgDs23 pallas ie - parting out VIC-dsc_0026.jpg

I have been advised by some members here that maybe selling it as a complete car may be the way to go.
    If someone wants to buy the lot then great or else I'll go ahead and part it out.

It has all the glass in great condition. The bonnet is in very good condition and there is a boot door also in great nick. The doors have rust but I have another few doors that can be used for rust panels. The front guards also have rust but again I have a few guards that can be used for rust repairs. The headlights are in good nick with no cracks in the glass.

The interior will require a re trim but it all seems to be there.

It has a new muffler yet to be fitted and the starter motor is new.

Ideally I'd like to get my money back so it is listed at $3500.

If anyone is interested in buying it as a whole please let me know.

Also, the radiator is included but just not showing in the photos and there's also a car bra included.

Thanks for putting those pictures up - somewhat more work needed than mine, but essentially all the same stuff, at a cursory glance. I don't have the experience to speculate on what is going on forward of the rear seat, so I won't.
    Ds23 pallas ie - parting out VIC-naked-rear-end.jpgDs23 pallas ie - parting out VIC-_mg_3797-copy.jpgDs23 pallas ie - parting out VIC-_mg_3897.jpg
    DS23 Pallas BVM Vert Argente - in ground up restoration, soon to be BVH.
    DSpecial 4speed Beige Vanneau, previous ; XM 2.0, maroon, my first.
    And a variety of the usual crapboxes before seeing the light. Except my Mini Cooper with the 3.4 cam and twin webers - that wasn't a POS.

Bikes -
    Ducati GTS860, CB350, XT550, Z500, T250, XR200, ag90.

Thread Information