DS 23 EFI throttle pedal problem
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default DS 23 EFI throttle pedal problem

Hi All. Have a problem with the accelerator pedal on my 74 DS Pallas EFI. After undoing the screws that hold the base of the pedal in place to facilitate installing new carpet, I managed to pull the end of the linkage rod out of the centre housing (bit that has the carpet pouch on it - not sure of the name). Was able to replace it by rotating the pedal all the way forward and pushing it back in. Screw holes line up well. Problem is it no longer seems to do anything. There is no spring tension. Pedal just flops back and forth.
    Have I done something major? Can't find any info or diagrams in manuals or online. Need help! Thx

Advertisement

Sounds like the rod has become disconnected from the big U shaped arm that transfers the movement across to the left hand side of the car where the throttle cable is connected. It's a case of taking a look from underneath and reconnecting - easiest if you have a pit or can get it onto a 4 post lift.
    Cheers, Marc.

1987 CX GTi T2 Maikonics
    1972 SM 2.7 carb
    1972 DS21 EFI

Hello,

It could be the aforementioned rod

Or perhaps the throttle cable has come away from the pulley and the guide(all of which that you can only see from under the car). This is the cable which connects to the throttle body.

Or the throttle cable may have simply broken

I recently made a new throttle cable and installed it (the old one had become frayed and would not "sit" on the pulley)

Installing it is a bit tricky but as I made my own cable I could install it more easily than I could a complete new one
    If you do need a new cable let me know

Ian
    Blueduck (aka Ian Downie)
    1974 Citroen D Special with DS21i.e. engine and 5 speed gearbox
    MGB GT V8 B.... bullet--proof and great fun
    Jaguar e-type roadster ... on the way from US of A

Thread Information