• Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By JBN
  • 2 Post By paulb
  • 1 Post By Citroenfan

Thread: Mullin Auto Muesum Citroen Exhibit

Fellow Frogger!

Default Mullin Auto Muesum Citroen Exhibit

Opening tomorrow in Oxnard, CA (USA) is an exciting exhibit of the life and career of Andre Citroen and the company (and cars) made from its beginning to current times. A very nice video of the exhibit can be found here in addition to interviews.

http://tinyurl.com/hq2288g

The West Coast Clubs (USA) are planning a 'Cit In' on April 8th, 2017 at the Museum .

Advertisement

Am sure a number of pictures will be uploaded shortly thereafter.

Take care all,

Steve

I should have stuck to the Dinky Toys in retrospect!

JBN

That video is THE BEST video I have ever seen to put Citroen in perspective. It would be the perfect introduction for viewers of the Citroen Forum.

John
    gsowner84 likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    That video is THE BEST video I have ever seen to put Citroen in perspective. It would be the perfect introduction for viewers of the Citroen Forum.

John
    John,

AFAIK it is in the public domain. Someone on the Sacramento (CA - USA) facebook page put a link to it a few days ago. Took a bit of searching, but found the original file and that is the link I sent in. I believe it is also playing on monitors at the Mullin - will know for sure in a month

Take care,

Steve

Fellow Frogger!

Thank you Steve for sharing the video.

It is truly wonderful, and I hope more people (especially the younger generation) continue to love and appreciate the wonderful marque that is Citroen.

Regards Syd

Quote Originally Posted by Citroenfan View Post
    Opening tomorrow in Oxnard, CA (USA) is an exciting exhibit of the life and career of Andre Citroen and the company (and cars) made from its beginning to current times. A very nice video of the exhibit can be found here in addition to interviews.

The West Coast Clubs (USA) are planning a 'Cit In' on April 8th, 2017 at the Museum .

Take care all,

Steve
    1974 Citroen D Special (Blanc Meije)
    1989 Citroen 2CV 6 Dolly (Plum & Custard)

Previously owned Frenchies -
    1976 Citroen GS 1220
    1997 Peugeot 306 XSi
    1995 Citroen XM Series II V6 (Vert Vega)

That video was absolutely wonderful.

Onya Steve.

CitroŽn Regards

Brian
    1970 D Super. (Little Miss Petite).

To quote Maxwell Smart........"And Loving It!"

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    That video is THE BEST video I have ever seen to put Citroen in perspective. It would be the perfect introduction for viewers of the Citroen Forum. John
    So right. Wonderful video. Nice to have "grown-ups" talking knowledgeably.

No mention of the CX though..
    Last edited by JohnW; 11th March 2017 at 08:57 PM.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Citroenfan View Post

Take care all,

Steve
    I've been fortunate to have a private tour of the fabulous Mullins museum - almost all French cars of the most exotic pre-war designs - Delahaye, Bugatti, Voisin, Delage and the like. Spectacular cars with Figoni et Falaschi, Saoutchik and similar coachbuilt bodies from the Art Deco era. Collection includes the "Bugatti from the lake' and the Schlumpf Reserve Collection, plus a lot of non-automotive Art Deco items. Some photos attached.

Pleased to see they're having a Citroen display. Mullins could have bought the entire Citroen collection for less than the value of one of his more exotic cars!

Great video - I'm keen to see what a DS35 is though...

Look forward to seeing what their Citroen display looks like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mullin Auto Muesum Citroen Exhibit-mullins-1.jpg   Mullin Auto Muesum Citroen Exhibit-mullins-2.jpg   Mullin Auto Muesum Citroen Exhibit-mullins-3.jpg   Mullin Auto Muesum Citroen Exhibit-mullins-4.jpg   Mullin Auto Muesum Citroen Exhibit-mullins-5.jpg   Mullin Auto Muesum Citroen Exhibit-mullins-6.jpg  

Mullin Auto Muesum Citroen Exhibit-mullins-7.jpg  
    forumnoreason and JohnW like this.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    So right. Wonderful video. Nice to have "grown-ups" talking knowledgeably.

No mention of the CX though..
    Not surprising as the factory closed up shop, in the US, in 1975 - do keep in mind that here in the hinterlands of Cit ownership, the SM (MY 1973) was the last Citroen imported/sold by the factory. After '73 model year all cars brought in were oversea purchases/private imports. There were a few companies bringing in the 2CV - have an 85 Charleston that was brought in, under the 'radar', by Trend Auto in New Jersey as a "kit car" . CXA, out of Holland, to my knowledge, was the only company trying to legally export cars to the US. And we do have a fair number of CX's, a few Visa's/BX's/etc. - but again all were brought into the US via other means. When at the Mullin next month I will inquire, if I can remember, to ask a few of the CX owners in SoCal how they acquired their cars. More than a few were purchases of cars already registered in the US so that information may not be known.

I, personally, have never owned anything other than a Cit my entire life. No - not obsessed

In any case glad you all, 'down under', are enjoying the video. It was well done.

Take care,

Steve in Los Angeles, CA.

92 XM / 85 Charleston / 73 SM / 72 DS21 BVH Pallas / 69.5 ID21 Break.

Thanks Steve. A perspective it's easy to forget from here.... We've been lucky to have the cars sold I think continuously through 1973. I have heard of C-matics sitting unsold for a long time over here though (C-matic vs automatic Jaguar XJ6??). I thought the video was just wonderful, covering all the interesting perspectives on the man and his philosophy and, of course, the cars. Wish I could get over for the show! A fine and knowledgeable production.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Thanks Steve. A perspective it's easy to forget from here.... We've been lucky to have the cars sold I think continuously through 1973. I have heard of C-matics sitting unsold for a long time over here though (C-matic vs automatic Jaguar XJ6??). I thought the video was just wonderful, covering all the interesting perspectives on the man and his philosophy and, of course, the cars. Wish I could get over for the show! A fine and knowledgeable production.
    As an update - just got off the phone with a good friend and fellow owner (CX's) who saw the exhibit today. His impression was quite favorable - and that was/is a good sign as he is not impressed easily (OK he is from Holland ). He did mention that there was only one (1) CX on display - an early 2200 model. He did not see an XM - though he did admit that he was unable to get to the 2nd floor display area. In a bit over 3 weeks from now we will know for sure.

OTOH when Pauline and I go to the Mullin we will be taking both the Charleston and the XM. So there is a possibility that there will be late model, 'hydraulic', Citroen in their parking lot that is not part of the Mullin's extensive exhibit.

Steve
    JohnW likes this.

Thread Information