Diesel Picasso
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Diesel Picasso

1000+ Posts

Icon5 Diesel Picasso

I'm looking at buying a C4 Picasso (5seat) but there doesn't seem to be a diesel option currently.
    Is the diesel option going to be available I wonder.
    Is it about the AdBlue version availability perhaps?.
    (my other option is the new Peugeot 3008 which has been delayed til end August)

Advertisement

Hi For some reason, only known to the importers, they decided to bring the Grand Picasso in with the 2.0 lt diesel, and the Picasso (5 seater) with the 1.6 petrol. Part of this I'm sure is cost, the diesel being much more expensive, and only sold with the 6 speed auto.

Given the poor Citroen sales in general with Sime Darby, I suppose we're lucky to get the range of cars that we have.

When the Picasso was first introduced, they decided to bring in only the Grand Picasso, not the 5 seater. They brought 1 5 seater in for evaluation in 2008, this car we have now, and apart from "Alfa" Selaspeed gearbox, is a sensational vehicle.

The Grand Picasso doesn't suit our needs but a new 5 seater diesel, 6 speed auto would be excellent.

You could always migrate to England :-((

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

UFO

There was one diesel brought in for evaluation when the C4 Picasso (5 seat) was introduced. We nearly bought that as it had the 2l diesel and six speed auto like the C5 that we still have. Finances at the time prevented it. That car was bought by someone...

We had leased a C4 Picasso 1.6HDi EGS in 2014 in France and found it fantastic. Lots of space including luggage space, easy to drive, comfy, economical and well specced for the standard version. It is a pity that they did not bring it here.

I note too that at present diesel is once again much cheaper than petrol - particularly when you consider some of the euro cars require 95 octane or better.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I've been searching the forum for info on the Grand - specifically regarding a basic Exclusive 'B7 2014 MY2015' - may i hijack this thread to ask learned opinions? thanks in advance, steven

Diesel Picasso!

Who would have thought these two words would ever come together!?

Sorry, just caught by surprise by this thread title.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    There was one diesel brought in for evaluation when the C4 Picasso (5 seat) was introduced. We nearly bought that as it had the 2l diesel and six speed auto like the C5 that we still have. Finances at the time prevented it. That car was bought by someone...

We had leased a C4 Picasso 1.6HDi EGS in 2014 in France and found it fantastic. Lots of space including luggage space, easy to drive, comfy, economical and well specced for the standard version. It is a pity that they did not bring it here.

I note too that at present diesel is once again much cheaper than petrol - particularly when you consider some of the euro cars require 95 octane or better.
    We did the same in the U.K. on holidays and agree it was a great touring car. It would be my pick also.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    I've been searching the forum for info on ... specifically ... a ... 'Exclusive ...'Grand C4 Picasso' ... B7 2014 MY2015' - may i hijack this thread to ask learned opinions? thanks in advance, steven
    bump - need advice - i'm lacking in knowledge on the things, but a proposition could be made to certain parties ... this iteration should have the preferable Automatic and the 2.0 HDi is not - as far as i can see - unduly problematic, is it? Any other caveats? Ballpark $s even?
    Please?
    steven

Thread Information