C2 Any one driven One Thoughts please ?
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 C2 Any one driven One Thoughts please ?

Hi All
    I have this crazy notion of buying a C2
    I must admit to not having driven one yet and the idea of a manual is more appealing but curiosity has me a to what people's opinion is of the electronic
    manual.
    A C2 GT would be even better but sources say not for Australia and they have only built 2,500 to tease the market.
    Graeme

Advertisement

Icon10

Graeme thats a few cars for a market like australia where citroen dont even have 1% market share(i think)...Id love to see every second car a citroen or Renault however.
    I have driven one round the block in a sydney dealer. For a guy who cant drive a manual well really and in the end gave up i think they are great......Not sure about repair costs after the warranty runs out though...

1000+ Posts

Yes I've driven one for 30-40km over a half hour period.

It took me about 15 minutes to get used to the gear shift, but once I had the hang of it I thought it was fantastic!

Anyway, I won't repeat what I said, so have a look here
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...412#post100412

I don't need a big car (if you call the 306) so if i was in the market for a new car I'd definately buy one. Very much appeals to my gadgety side, but it's just "so cool" as UFO has been known to say

Derek

XTC

Took one for a drive and was quite impressed ... the sensadrive wasn't half bad. 1st to 2nd was the hardest to time (lack of experience) .. but the rest went real well, esp. downshifting.

I'd have one over the C3 anyday .. they so god damn agressive for a little car (turned lots of heads).

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Graeme thats a few cars for a market like australia where citroen dont even have 1% market share(i think)
    Yep - 617 vehicles or 0.3% market share.

...Id love to see every second car a citroen or Renault however.
    Hmmmn, you might have to emigrate then

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

I have driven the C2 and was generally impressed with the car. I did find that the Sensodrive system tended to slip the clutch too much for my liking unless you floored it. Also the up changes were a little clunky. You could smooth out the changes by lifting the foot off the accelerator at same time as changing up gear. Honestly I feel it is personal choice as to whether you would like Sensodrive or not, so I would suggest taking one for a drive before making judgement.

Other than that I found it to be a well equipped, niced to drive little car. Would I consider buying one if I was in the market for a car? I would have to say yes.

What I have heard about the C2 GT was that it was a limited release for the UK market, presumably to satisfy the boy racer segment of the UK car market. I would be nice, considering it has a straight manual gearbox instead of Sensodrive.

Troy.

I took one for a testdrive a while ago, the review got lost in the big aussiefrogs crash

But yes.. id recommend a c2 to anyone who is looking for a small/city/runabout/shopping trolley type car.

it drives very nicely, although as everyone else has already said, the gearbox takes some geting used to. It does tend to ride the clutch if you approach an intersection or roundabout too slow for second gear, and it it is a veryt strange feeling, having a clutch auto-ride on you! Other than that, the changes are pretty quick, whethter you choose full auto, or you wanna choose when to change gears, and the downgear does a lovely rev between gears which makes you grin every time.

its a solid little car, handles nicely and is very comfy and roomy for a little car.

its also bloody cute!

the only thing going against it is the colour choices.. standard kit is yellowy-greeny-something (they describe it as avocado!) and you have to pay extra for black or silver.. thats it! three colours only!!

my is if i had 20-odd grand to get a good little city car, this would be the car for me.

1992 mi16
    Toyota aware driver
    there are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots..

Icon11

I'd have one over the C3 anyday .. they so god damn agressive for a little car (turned lots of heads).
    They are a very different looking car. The C3 is the 5 seater car which is really for families & the country cruiser I think......

XTC

Id love to see every second car a citroen or Renault however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    Hmmmn, you might have to emigrate then
    He could always lock himself in his garage and drool over his C3 ... 100% hit rate (or 50% if there is another car in there).

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Default Thanks guys

I will go for a drive in one next week. It is among a couple of cars that I like.
    My wife wont drive my 205 S1 no power steer and a bit to much throttle response. ( yes it tweeked along the lines of PeterT.s)
    But I am rather fond of it. and I would rather park it and use it occasionally and buy something as well as but finances dont allow that. That would mean I would have two toys not including the C2.
    I am tempted to wait for a while.
    The test drive will tell. Ifind the car darn qute and as for Super 1600 challenge car I Want one what a great Jigger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C2 Any one driven One Thoughts please ?-09.jpeg  

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AU-YT
    I will go for a drive in one next week. It is among a couple of cars that I like.
    Graeme,

Sounds like the best thing to do. Whatever you do, make sure you jump in the car with a completely open mind, wanting to learn how it works and drive it for at least half an hour. Only once you realise how it works, and stop (a) trying to drive it like an auto and (b) stop trying to drive it like a manual, will you start to really enjoy the sensodrive.

The dealers seem very happy to get as many people into cars for test drives as possible, which is precisely what the C2 needs If you test drive it at Parramatta, come visit me afterwards (Rock Around The Block on top of the hill on Woodville Road )

Derek

Default Thanks for the offer

Hi Derek
    I live in Sutherland area and I will probably go to continental cars they are the closest just for the drive.
    I know there is a Black one in Canberra that will be for sale shortly.
    Not to fused on the Avacardo or the silver.
    I want a red one or a blue butjust for the prerelease they are not available.
    Cheers
    Graeme

i havent driven one, but in my opinion its the best looking new french car on the market.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by mi16_weapon
    the only thing going against it is the colour choices.. standard kit is yellowy-greeny-something (they describe it as avocado!) and you have to pay extra for black or silver.. thats it! three colours only!!

Remember that they only brought 25 in as a pre release batch. If successful (which it looks like they will be) the full shebang starts in October with a proper launch at the Sydney Motor Show etc. I'm sure there'll be more colours then.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    Remember that they only brought 25 in as a pre release..........the full shebang starts in October with a proper launch at the Sydney Motor Show
    SHEBANG / sha'ban-g n. Colloq. 1 Means BLACK with LOTS OF CHROME SILVER.
    Thats what shebang means in 'my' dictionary........

PS: ....can't wait for the price to go up...........

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Subite
    SHEBANG / sha'ban-g n. Colloq. 1 Means BLACK with LOTS OF CHROME SILVER.
    Isn't it also a William Hung song.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Isn't it also a William Hung song.
    he he he ... thats the one i was thinkin of when i read that post!!
    1992 mi16
    Toyota aware driver
    there are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots..

Default C2 Release

I have found lots of discusion on the English Saxo site
    http://www.saxosportsclub.com/forum/default.asp
    I hope that the brake noise problem gets sorted and that the do a nasty and release the C2 GT here in numbers .They only tesed the English with 2,500 numbered cars. But I would be happy with a C2 manual .
    I think it will be good to wait to see how the hot up guys go and how the Senso drive gear change mechanism goes long term .
    As good as these sort of setup works the Previous attempts at this are poor.
    None the less i will try one and make up my own mind.
    I bet in the not too distance future there will be a manual conversion.

Graeme

Icon6

settle down all......

Icon10

I think they are a great looking little car. Shows that small cars can be great fun instead of these gas guzzlers....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C2 Any one driven One Thoughts please ?-55501_3mg.jpg   C2 Any one driven One Thoughts please ?-art_1982_6_c2-05.jpg  

Default C2

Hi all
    I went and had a good look at one on friday and plan to go back for a drive next week.
    I must say it is a great car. The std spec on these will make a good number of manufacturers even the Koreans scratch there heads.
    A test drive is planned for the comming week More soon
    Graeme
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C2 Any one driven One Thoughts please ?-c2-brouchure.jpg  

Mate, why fear/worry about the sensodrive. Just buy the bloody thing. People pay at least $55000 to get an Alfa with one, or $80000 for a BMW with one. This is clever stuff. Whilst I haven't driven the Citroen, the Alfa is unreal and is much more special than the manual.
    Sensodrive is cool. You'll get a warranty anyway. 3 years isn't it?
    C2 looks good. It's Cheap. What the fu*k else are you gonna buy for that money? A Civic? Or some horrible Mazda?
    Call Linda at Citroen Brighton. 03 95570850. This is not an ad, but a recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    Call Linda at Citroen Brighton. 03 95570850. This is not an ad, but a recommendation.

i agree. buy it. " Just do it" and have alot of fun in the process.

also, is Linda hot?

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    C2 looks good. It's Cheap. What the fu*k else are you gonna buy for that money? A Civic? Or some horrible Mazda?
    Stiff competition @ $23K-$25K

Citroen C3 PANORAMIQUE,
    Honda Jazz VTiS
    Renault Clio PRIVILEGE
    Subaru Impreza GX
    Mazda Mazda3 NEO

We know what the Australian public will lean towards.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Thread Information