RHD interior light
  • Register
  • Help

Default RHD interior light

So I wanted more light in my 2CVs interior. I assumed in order to add a second light, I'd need one from a RHD car to fit the contour of the roof line. So I ordered some parts from a guy in the UK and he sent me this light.

However my light looks like this one:

No biggie that it doesn't match as long as it fits. So I took it out to my car but can't seem to get it to slide in between the tracks like the one I have. Just like that stupid package tray hammock I ordered that I can't seem to figure out how it mounts, I'm a bit stumped as to how a RHD interior light is supposed to fit. Seems most of the 2CVs I've pulled up don't even have interior lights! Also it seems there is more than 2 styles of this interior light used throughout the years.

So far this is the only photo I've been able to find of this particular light on a RHD car. It's a bit small. It sort of looks like the lip overhangs instead of fitting between the tracks. If that makes sense. Can anybody confirm how this light is supposed to be mounted? It's got two pre-drilled holes, I assume for screws or pop rivets.

A closeup photo would be great if anybody has one or could shoot one with their smartphone and post it. Thanks!

Advertisement
    1987 2CV faux Charleston edition (One of many other makes)

Mount Carmel, TN. (Outside Kingsport) USA

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/turbofiat/library/Citroen%202CV?sort=2&page=1

OK,

The lamp he sent you is correct. It attaches to the roof rail / top door opening with two pop rivets. The second lamp you show is a left hand drive interior lamp, that is contoured to fit in a similar position on the left hand side, but is shaped to fit the position.

The right hand drive unit is a GS int lamp with an adapter plate for fitting.

You can't get a contoured lamp for both side, but you could order another RHD lamp and mount it the same on the left hand side if you want 2 to match.

Will come back with the measurement for the pop rivets.

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

The first pop rivet hole is 65mm forward of the centre roof rail

Thanks for the measurements.

"The right hand drive unit is a GS int lamp with an adapter plate for fitting."

I haven't checked since I posted this but are you saying I can remove the bracket or back plate and slide the base into the contour of the roof life? I haven't looked too closely at this light.

I had to remove the LHD light one day. The white tear drop looking switch broke. I was tempted to use some 2 part plastic epoxy but didn't think it would hold up so I welded it back together with a soldering iron. I sprayed some WD-40 onto the contacts so the switch would move easier. I think that was what caused it to break in the first place.

Afterwards I had to find a sweet spot before the light would get a good ground/earth. There is a threaded hole in the back plate for a screw or bolt. Someone installed new felt lining so the hole is covered up. I need to take an awl and start probing in order to find it.
    1987 2CV faux Charleston edition (One of many other makes)

Mount Carmel, TN. (Outside Kingsport) USA

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/turbofiat/library/Citroen%202CV?sort=2&page=1

Thread Information