Xantia series 1 turbo CT ignition wiring diagram needed
  • Register
  • Help

Default Xantia series 1 turbo CT ignition wiring diagram needed

The xantia 97 ct turbo doesn't want to start, everything is behaving otherwise, starts fine off jump to solenoid from battery so somewhere between the ignition and there kaput. We've had a hell of alot of rain and I can't help thinking some moisture may have played havoc somewhere, I had water in canbin after only slightly leaving window open, so a bit of testing needed and a diagram would help, but where to find one is the next question, grateful for any help, I'm having too many Citroen melodramas this week for my liking,, Steven

Advertisement

Sounds like an ignition switch problem in that the start signal isn't getting to the starter solenoid. I will check to see if there is a relay in the circuit.

Cheers, Ken

Checked the starting charging circuit for models to 1998 in the Haynes manual and it looks like wire 100 runs straight from the start position on the ignition switch to the solenoid on the starter motor.

The engine ECU, injection and ignition must be OK if it runs OK off a hot-wire connection.

Cheers, Ken

Yes, you need to add a relay.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Do you need a Haynes manual? I just found one...
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

1000+ Posts

Haynes doesn't have anything specific to the Turbo CT - is the wiring harness pretty much standard for all Series I Xantiae?

thanks guys, I'm wondering if it is actually in the key/ barrel itself, like worn or something, its done 280K so far. Apart from this I drove it this afternoon and thought this is a very well made car. Anyway its between the switch and the solenoid so I'm thinking its the ignition switch is kaput. ? How would a relay help Peter? I thought a push button might do as a fix but still prefer to sort it correctly.

ps John I just found Haynes, the ignition is pretty basic EXCEPT there is a fuse 28 in the manual which doesn't correspond to the owners manual... typical

A relay would help if your ignition switch had just developed a bit of resistance or your solenoid required the full 12 volts to overcome some stickyness. I think nearly all BXs have a starter relay these days.

I think George 1/8 had overhauled a few Xantia ignition switches quite successfully and posted about it here.

I have 2 Xantias with original ignition switches about to clock over to 300kkm.

This post is a bit old but,

Xantia Wont Start

Cheers, Ken

I added a relay to my Xantia at approx 140k after the barrel failed. Never looked back. It's now enjoying a second life as a fridge somewhere I expect.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Hi Guys,

If you still need a wiring diagram, I may be able to come up with one, but will need a vin #

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

all good thanks Greg, locatedin back of Haynes, I have to check the ignition barrel as they are available on ebay or just whack a push button in it, want to see if I can get the barrel out without excessive grief!

Thread Information