• Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mberry
  • 1 Post By bleudanube

Thread: DS wheel repaint - Sydney

Tadpole

Default DS wheel repaint - Sydney

Hi all,

I'm wanting to get all 5 wheels stripped/media-blasted and repainted in original AC140 Gris colour.

Any suggestions/thoughts/experiences/contacts/tips/warnings towards doing this would be much appreciated!

I'm in Sydney.

Advertisement

Cheers!
    Gavin

If you decide to have them powder coated. Dulux "Dune" is as close as I could find to Gris Rose. Or as an alternative, I have used enamel, which is pretty simple and gives a good finish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS wheel repaint - Sydney-screen-shot-2017-02-10-5.43.26-pm.png   DS wheel repaint - Sydney-img_2932.jpg   DS wheel repaint - Sydney-img_2928.jpg  
    Last edited by mberry; 10th February 2017 at 06:44 PM.
    Vincenzo likes this.

I have used "Grey Nurse Gloss" powder coating and it does look very close to the original.

DS wheel repaint - Sydney-img_2734.jpg

Sven
    Lasya likes this.

Hello, I took one of my wheels into a large DIY store where they made a gloss paint to match. All going well, brushed on a couple of coats, not too fussy about finish as the wheel trim covers the whole wheel. Drove to ICCC in Harrogate a couple of weeks later. Each tyre had a starburst of paint!
    Back home I cleaned the tyres with thinners and decided: 1) I couldn't be arsed to go any further and 2) the wheel trims cover a multitude of sins

Quote Originally Posted by badabec View Post
    Hello, I took one of my wheels into a large DIY store where they made a gloss paint to match. All going well, brushed on a couple of coats, not too fussy about finish as the wheel trim covers the whole wheel. Drove to ICCC in Harrogate a couple of weeks later. Each tyre had a starburst of paint!
    Back home I cleaned the tyres with thinners and decided: 1) I couldn't be arsed to go any further and 2) the wheel trims cover a multitude of sins
    ooh you are awful but I like you. Maaaate? Go the powder coat in Dune as Michael tips I reckon.

Thread Information