Wheel repaint
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Wheel repaint

Default Wheel repaint

Hi everybody,

Had one of the Roccastrada mags re-rolled and unfortunately have ended up with scratches on the front - as well as the burnmark on the inner rim. The job done by "professionals" who advised "all care and no responsibility" and Im not wanting to pursue this - given the value involved.

Whilst I was confident of repainting inner rim with a colour close to paint code to fix the re-roll burnmark - am not so confident in doing the spray can thing on the front.*

Advertisement

Can any of you knowledgeable ones recommend Melbourne painters that will use Citroen paint code EVT to produce a factory-like job. Prefer western or northern suburbs. Otherwise, I'd just be guessing on random-pick of painter - without any references.*

Also, I recall someone mentioning supplier who will mix paint to code and package into a good spray can - can anyone point to this supplier? Sorry forgot the name....* I'm preparing for respray on inside of the other wheels.

Cheers & thanks

Sent from my Moto G Play using aussiefrogs mobile app

Mag wheel repaint is quite complex

See typical processFull Alloy Wheel Refurbishment Process at Prestige Powder Coating

I used Andre at Yardmark to powdercoat my Guzzi alloy rear wheel. He did a great job and was very particular

https://goo.gl/maps/e1dDKkRkUAN2
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break
    '78 504 GL - gone to good home
    '69 ID19B - if wasn't for mortgage would still have, '74 DS23 Pallas
    '74 Renault TS , '69 Renault TS - last seen forlorn at Taminda wreckers

Kingston Paints (33 Adrian Road Campbellfield Vic 03 9357 9396) will mix to Citroen (and any body elses) specs.

Regards,

JAJEA

Quote Originally Posted by Balouk View Post
    Hi everybody,

Had one of the Roccastrada mags re-rolled and unfortunately have ended up with scratches on the front - as well as the burnmark on the inner rim. The job done by "professionals" who advised "all care and no responsibility" and Im not wanting to pursue this - given the value involved.

Whilst I was confident of repainting inner rim with a colour close to paint code to fix the re-roll burnmark - am not so confident in doing the spray can thing on the front.*

Can any of you knowledgeable ones recommend Melbourne painters that will use Citroen paint code EVT to produce a factory-like job. Prefer western or northern suburbs. Otherwise, I'd just be guessing on random-pick of painter - without any references.*

Also, I recall someone mentioning supplier who will mix paint to code and package into a good spray can - can anyone point to this supplier? Sorry forgot the name....* I'm preparing for respray on inside of the other wheels.

Cheers & thanks

Sent from my Moto G Play using aussiefrogs mobile app

Thanks Afroggers.

I appreciate it.

Thread Information