Find trigger signal to power on amp (radio wiring diagram included!)
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Find trigger signal to power on amp (radio wiring diagram included!)

I'm no genius when it comes to electronics. But I was thinking of connecting my amp to the +12v sw wire running into the back of the head unit on the c5. I was planning on splicing the wire running into the back of the head unit and running a cable to the boot. Is this wire suitable or is there a better one?

wiring diagram - http://www.c5club.cz/files/pdf/PU-2472A.pdf

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

From the diagram you included, you wire the amp's remote on wire to pin 50. I am not sure which pin you are referring to when you say "the +12v sw wire running into the back of the head unit".

Fellow Frogger!

How would I connect to pin 50?

Pin 48 is what I was referring to as there is a wire coming out from the back of the head unit I can use that is easy to get to.

Or should I connect to the ignition switch? Where would I connect to on there?

Fellow Frogger!

Yes, sorry you are correct it is Pin 48. If you are running just the single amp and nothing else to be triggered on, yes just splice the remote on lead from the amp into the harness. If you are running multiple amps or other items that need to be switched on, use a relay so that circuit is not overloaded.

Thread Information