Oil pressure switch for D Special.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By Bad Bertie

Thread: Oil pressure switch for D Special.

Default Oil pressure switch for D Special.

I have an oil leak, and I believe it's from a faulty oil pressure switch. Had a similar problem years ago with another D. From memory I was told by someone a new one from a Holden was the trick. True or false?

Advertisement

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    It's a Citroen Rob, you know 'has to be different' - requires M10 x 1.5 pitch, I can't see anything in Tridon range.

Common consumable part though, can be had through the usual Aus suppliers - DS Motors/ Roger Parker etc. Or OS Oil pressure warning switch - all models from 1966 onwards

They don't normally leak, they gush

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    It's a Citroen Rob, you know 'has to be different' - requires M10 x 1.5 pitch, I can't see anything in Tridon range.

Common consumable part though, can be had through the usual Aus suppliers - DS Motors/ Roger Parker etc. Or OS Oil pressure warning switch - all models from 1966 onwards

They don't normally leak, they gush

Cheers
    Chris
    At nearly 12 quid each plus freight . I'd make an adaptor m10 1.5 male to 1/8 gas male (possibly available) and use a Tridon.

For about $20 plus freight you have some scope.

I was about to say Bert I've got one in my garage left over from my Simca days and all you are going to need is a copper washer if I can find it!

Found it! B* *#dy thing is 12 x 1.5 - want to borrow 12 mm tap? (Just joking.)

Oil pressure switch for D Special.-img_4721.jpg

I concur with Rob in any case; cut the top off, drill 11/32's and tap 1/8 gas.

John

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    At nearly 12 quid each plus freight . I'd make an adaptor m10 1.5 male to 1/8 gas male (possibly available) and use a Tridon.

For about $20 plus freight you have some scope.

Thank you all for your input , but am not willing to tap and drill.There must be one available locally somewhere. I,ll take the old one out and shop around!

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    Thank you all for your input , but am not willing to tap and drill.There must be one available locally somewhere. I,ll take the old one out and shop around!
    Give Lance at DS Motors a call, he'll have it in an Express bag overnight to you. . . buy two, a good spare to have on hand and will ensure you'll never need it

Cheers
    Chris
    Vincenzo likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Give Lance at DS Motors a call, he'll have it in an Express bag overnight to you. . . buy two, a good spare to have on hand and will ensure you'll never need it

Cheers
    Chris
    Thank you Chris, i shall keep that in mind if i cant get anything local.

All sorted! Got my switch from European Auto care in Penrith. Denton Christie also got me an regulator return hose which was badly needed. All good reception from that place!
    GreenBlood likes this.

was the return hose the source of the lhm leak you were experiencing BB?

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    was the return hose the source of the lhm leak you were experiencing BB?
    I believe so. The previous owner did a band aid job before I picked it up, just to keep the car rising. The original one perished years ago,and he kept it all those years! And the one on the car was a two piece job he did when the original carked it. And I found that the original hose has different sized openings at either end. Denton adviced me to get a GS return hose which he says are far more durable, and will fit straight on. So, hopefully, no more leaks!

Finally I got one right! Denton was always plugging that hose as a first stop culprit to me back in time. And that GS hose tip is good as I was thinking exactly the same thing. Cheers

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    Finally I got one right! Denton was always plugging that hose as a first stop culprit to me back in time. And that GS hose tip is good as I was thinking exactly the same thing. Cheers

Steven
    Yeah, the GS one is more than twice as long, and rather chunky, about the size of adult brown snake! should be easy to fit with a coil in the centre!

Thread Information