Power into boot for stereo (2002 c5)
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Power into boot for stereo (2002 c5)

Hi,

My rear door speakers have given out. A friend had an old sub/amp lying around that he gave to me and I'm thinking of putting this in. Hopefully doing the sub this week sometime. Wondering if there is an easy out into getting power to the amp in the boot or should I just connect straight to the battery and maybe run new wires under the car? Has anyone does this?
    Does the standard head unit have rca's?

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

Best source of voltage is the output of the Alternator. I run a nice thick lead from alternator output terminal through firewall and under carpets to run amplifiers and charge fridge batteries in the boot. Jaycar sell nice in-line maxi-fuse holders so you can fuse the line near the Alternator. Just remember to disconnect the battery while you are fitting leads to constant +12V.

Cheers, Ken

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Ken, how about second best source?
    If I disconnect the cigarette lighter in the middle console and use that power to run through the back? Or can I splice the amp power off the that wire so both still work?

If I did go alternator, is it possible to run under the car and up through the wheel arches into the boot? Is there a way through there?

Thread Information