c5 filters
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: c5 filters

Default c5 filters

Hey there,

Where could I buy all the good quality filters required to service my 2009 X7 C5?

thanks,

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

EAI: European Auto Imports at Thornleigh. Give Martin a bell. They can courier them if Camden is too far a drive. You need the VIN to order'
    or
    http://www.dapcoauto.com.au/;
    or,
    if you have money to burn, a Peugeot (Warwick Farm) or Citroen dealer (Punchbowl). Keep in mind that Pug dealers won't necessarily have Citroen parts lists even though engines are shared. Dealer prices will exceed the cost of filters + courier.

Purflux is the favoured brand. Add a sump washer to your order. Don't even think about using the wrong oil. It will eventually cost you dearly if you do. See other threads here.

I just used RUN off flea bay they have all the European filters. I think they based in VICTORIA though.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using aussiefrogs mobile app

I have bought two FRAM kits from the UK via ebay to get oil filter and sump plug O seal, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter. I change the oil and filter when the car tells me to and I use TOTAL ineo ecs oil.

I change the fuel filter about yearly just before I head off on my big driving trip for the year as I find the engine is much more positive for high speed passing with the fuel filter replaced. Also I did find myself almost stuck in Canberra one Easter Thursday with an engine in limp mode due to a blocked fuel filter and only made it to Cit-in thanks to help from AF.

I change the pollen filter when the air con starts to lose its cool and the air filter every 2-3 years.

Cheers, Ken

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

All very wise, and I guess you don't get much problem with your C5
    Specially the Total ineo ecs makes a lot of difference.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

I do not wait the 2 -3 years and you should not also. Every now and then, do not hesitate to pull those "paper filters" out and gently tap them on a flat surface - you will be surprised just how much muck falls out.

JAJEA

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    I have bought two FRAM kits from the UK via ebay to get oil filter and sump plug O seal, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter. I change the oil and filter when the car tells me to and I use TOTAL ineo ecs oil.

I change the fuel filter about yearly just before I head off on my big driving trip for the year as I find the engine is much more positive for high speed passing with the fuel filter replaced. Also I did find myself almost stuck in Canberra one Easter Thursday with an engine in limp mode due to a blocked fuel filter and only made it to Cit-in thanks to help from AF.

I change the pollen filter when the air con starts to lose its cool and the air filter every 2-3 years.

Cheers, Ken

Ken
    Are you using TOTAL QUARTZ INEO ECS 5W-30? Do you know if there is a 5W - 40 version of the oil or does the difference between -30 & -40 not matter under Australian conditions. Reason I asked is the maintenance book for my C5 specifies 5W-40.
    Thanks, Tony
    Anthony O'Brien
    2019 C4 Cactus
    2008 C5
    2007 C4
    2004 C5 Estate

Previous
    2003 C5
    2004 C2 (now with youngest son)
    2006 C2 (now with eldest son)

Hi Tony,

I have looked in the shed and I am using 5W-30 Total Quartz ineo ecs. The maintenance book I got with my 2008 C5X7 that I purchased in 2009 says this C2 rated oil is suitable for all diesel engines on page 12 where it is ** as an Energy economy oil. On Page 13 there is a Selection table for Total oil that has a section highlighted for AUSTRALIA where it suggests use of a 5W-40 or 10W-40 oil is more suitable for use in Australian conditions. However as there is no difference in temperature span between the 5W-30 and 5W-40 oil, so I don't really think this matters.

Also the oil temp gauge in my car has never shown any tendency to rise even when the outside temp reaches up to 46 o C

A quick scan of the internet seems to show that the ineo ecs is only available as a 5W-30 grade. To get a 5W-40 total oil you would have to go to the Quartz 9000 range of oil which on A3/B4 rated.

Cheers, Ken
    Last edited by Ken W; 21st January 2017 at 06:07 PM. Reason: more info

Thread Information