• Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By seasink
  • 1 Post By seasink

Thread: C4 Grand Picasso Rear Brake Pads

Tadpole

Default C4 Grand Picasso Rear Brake Pads

Hi Guys,

Forum Newbie here. I have a 2015 C4 Grand Picasso that needs new brake pads on the rear. The OEM pads I am being quoted $350 to supply and fit :-(

I asked them for some details and the rear disc is 290mm in diameter and the OEM part number is 4605A389. Google shows me this: Brake Pad Set, disc brake OE Number 4605A389 buy online

Advertisement

So the questions are:
    * Has anyone bought rear brake pads for my car before?
    * Is there are common place that people use to buy after market parts from?
    * Should I just order from the UK and ship them out (Dont worry about the crazy shipping price I can send to the Netherlands and then have relos post them from there)? If so what brand do people recommend?

Thanks!

1000+ Posts

Give this lot in Sydney a ring or email and get a sensible price couriered to your door. EAI: European Auto Imports Include the VIN.

I wonder if you have been quoted for discs as well. The softish Euro discs give good braking, but wear. Get a disc quote at the same time.

There are several places in Sydney and Melbourne that import parts for French cars. All will send to the rest of the country. Most of us use them. But most of us DIY fit. Rear fixed calipers aren't as quick as front so more labour is involved.
    UFO likes this.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Give this lot in Sydney a ring or email and get a sensible price couriered to your door. EAI: European Auto Imports Include the VIN.
    Thanks I have fired off an email to them.

1000+ Posts

A warning. If your car has an electric automatic handbrake, don't even think of doing the job until the handbrake has been disabled. If accidentally operated while disconnected from the caliper it will self-destroy its internals, at horrendous cost. You will need torx tools and a piston rewinder, both inexpensive. Citroen uses Loctite on bolts at assembly.

Tadpole

Thanks. I was thinking of just getting my local Ultratune to fit the parts when I got them. The dealer is 30mins away which is a pain when they have the car for the day.

UFO

Fixed it for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Citroen uses a whole tube of Loctite on each bolt at assembly.

Hey, it was a slow day in the Bureau de Bastarde when they came up with that spec!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by BrisGrandP View Post
    You could also try any RDA or DBA stockist who most likely have both disks and pads available.

1000+ Posts

Grand Picasso discs, unless I'm in error, include the bearing and ABS targets as a single unit, like a C4. Replacement is of them easy. Getting the fixed calipers off can be challenging if the disc has a wear lip or the whole tube of Loctite was used. Otherwise it's a straightforward job.
    UFO likes this.

UFO

I'm really tempted for "next time" to buy replacement bolts for the caliper mounting. I'd get hex headed bolts rather than those stupid Torx mongrels.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts

I've done this on more than one car without the extreme of your trouble. I used a 1/2" drive torx socket on my 3/4" drive ratchet bar, which is 2 ft long. They were very stiff all the way, but never back breaking. You must keep the socket square and not slipping off. The factories like self-centring stuff like torx.

Tadpole

OK they have come back with $95+GST plus $15-20 for freight. Does that sound about right? Still a bit more expensive than from the UK but less messing around?

1000+ Posts

That will be full retail. Club members and trade can pay less. I sometimes think local prices are set to make the convenience outweigh the overseas dealers' prices, but it's only now and again for a dealer to be competitive.

OK they have come back with $95+GST plus $15-20 for freight. Does that sound about right? Still a bit more expensive than from the UK but less messing around?
    A few months ago ago I purchased a pair of new front rotors and a 2 pairs of front pads form my Toyota Estima (Same brakes as the Camry)

The all up price was around $110 incl GST. Granted that was at real trade price from the local DBA dealer.

I'd be looking at other suppliers.

Thread Information