2CV Electronic ignition options - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2CV Electronic ignition options

Fellow Frogger!

I have had my Dolly for just a few months and the first thing I noticed was its poor starting. A few diagnostic checks soon revealed that it had poor sparks .Replacing the coil with the new spare that came with the car made no difference.After giving some thought to the matter I proceeded to the local wrecking yard (Gawler) where I got a coil from a Subaru Sherpa.Its quite a rugged thing with both outputs coming from one end.All starting problems solved.
    Woody

Advertisement

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by brian woodcock View Post
    I have had my Dolly for just a few months and the first thing I noticed was its poor starting. A few diagnostic checks soon revealed that it had poor sparks .Replacing the coil with the new spare that came with the car made no difference.After giving some thought to the matter I proceeded to the local wrecking yard (Gawler) where I got a coil from a Subaru Sherpa.Its quite a rugged thing with both outputs coming from one end.All starting problems solved.
    Woody
    Just remember the original 2CV coils are crap, regardless of how new they are. Oil cooled coils don't work when the oil disappears. Modern resin coils are the answer.

John

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information