Front end
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Front end

Fellow Frogger!

Default Front end

Hey citmen. are the lower control arms f rom a c5x7 interchangeable with previous c5s? I think after hiting kerb .according to Pedders That the left bottom control arm has been bent back.be Can they be straightend or replaced?Any left hand front LCA for sale by members ? This saga about my suspension problems has been ongoing For approx three years eh! Seasink. Thanks Tomfrog

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

The X7 is a completely different car from Mark 1s Tom. The early car has a McPherson strut fitted with the hydraulic sphere, ball joint at the end; while the X7 uses a high mounted double wishbone. The arm bifurcates at the end to fit a ring on the hub carrier.
    Front end-mark-1.jpgFront end-front-hub-carrier.jpg

i have a good second hand arm here, pm if interested
    2016 Cactus
    2003 Range rover l322
    1974 D special
    1971 D special
    1992 CX TGE Safari
    1961 ID19
    1972 DS21 Safari
    1965 Renault R4
    1923 Citroen B2
    1927 B14
    Massey ferguson 550

Fellow Frogger

Balki may have a good solution for you, but note the following ... You want to get a used arm from either a C6 or an X7 C5 without coil suspension. The arms are supplied by Citroen with the bush fitted and the part numbers vary because the extrusion that carries the bush differs between aluminium and steel subframes and also because coil spring cars apparently do not have holes to take a link bracket. The bracket also changed over time, but you could probably swap it if need be. Find a used factory arm from a similar model, possibly removed because the rear bush had failed, even a C6 arm will probably work. Then fit a pair of aftermarket bushes (e.g. Meyle), making sure both the type of bush and shape of the extrusion are the same (not always the case!). I expect you will have the aluminium subframe. If you are gong to fit replacement bushes at the rear of the arms, then you can possibly scrounge a scrap arm with a bad bush from someone who has bought a complete new arm because the bush had failed. Citroen do not sell the bush separately, so you are obliged to buy the whole arm.

Fellow Frogger!

Balki I will get back to you.How much money? is it for a c5x7 09?Thanks Tomfrog

Thread Information