DS rear boots
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood

Thread: DS rear boots

  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! badabec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ongar / England
    Posts
    832

    Default DS rear boots

    Hello, did I read on here that Citroen had started making DS rear suspension boots again? Any idea of the part number? I didn't have any luck with the search options
    Thanks
    Peter

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Member netmatelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Posts
    37

    Default

    DS rear boots-img_1484266415.247581.jpg

    Do you mean the this? If so, yes, you can get them from Darrin at CitroŽn Classics.


    Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

  3. #3
    Administrator GreenBlood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,184

    Default

    CitroŽn Andrť can supply OEM rear boots (they also sell repro).

    Rear susp boot OEM | Group 3: Axles, Suspension, Steering, Hydraulic units, Piping | CitroŽn Andrť Spareparts
    P/N: 5410161, DX434274A

    Cheers
    Chris
    mberry likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir



    "Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

    The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

    (Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,769

    Default

    Does he have them on the shelf? How much? 5410161 is now NFP from Citroen and you have to go repro instead. They listed it until mid 2016, but it was deleted and I confirmed this with a French vendor last month. They could not locate the part within their network, so any genuine factory boots you buy will now be the leftovers.

  5. #5
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Does he have them on the shelf? How much? 5410161 is now NFP from Citroen and you have to go repro instead. They listed it until mid 2016, but it was deleted and I confirmed this with a French vendor last month. They could not locate the part within their network, so any genuine factory boots you buy will now be the leftovers.
    Probably because Citroen Andre snapped them all up.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts Ken W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North Brisbane
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    How can you tell the difference between the real boots and the repros?

    I bought some as spares for the SM and would now be interested to find out what I received.

    Cheers, Ken

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,769

    Default

    Recent production factory boots come individually in a current style Cit/Pug parts bag. If they were loose, they are probably repro items. I'm not sure about the rear boots, but original production front boots have the part number moulded into them.

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! Don B. Cilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mallorca, Spain
    Posts
    435

    Default

    What is that Andre place?
    They have some items I badly want and cannot find... but... they have a login, but no sign-up?
    What's the procedure there?

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! badabec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ongar / England
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
    What is that Andre place?
    They have some items I badly want and cannot find... but... they have a login, but no sign-up?
    What's the procedure there?
    Hello, if you email them, they will send you a password. I've just done it.

    Peter

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Recent production factory boots come individually in a current style Cit/Pug parts bag. If they were loose, they are probably repro items. I'm not sure about the rear boots, but original production front boots have the part number moulded into them.
    Careful! I've seen thin repro parts in Europe (Citromobile 2016 - Holland) with the number moulded on them.....they were loose - not bagged. There was no attempt to pass them off as originals, but neither was there anything to clearly say they were repros.

    I suppose if you are taking a mould from an original you might as well include the moulded number for part identification purposes - and it doesn't hurt if it confuse the occasional customer either.

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger! Don B. Cilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mallorca, Spain
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badabec View Post
    if you email them, they will send you a password.
    That they did. And at 11 p.m.on a Saturday (Europe time).
    Interesting place.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •