CX changing Antenna Base
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bruce H

Thread: CX changing Antenna Base

Default CX changing Antenna Base

Hi everyone

I have a funny problem, How can I change Antenna base on the roof on my 1977 CX? I must remove whole roof interior trim?

Advertisement

I've only ever done this years ago when completely dismantling a car, so after removing the windscreen removing the front of the roof lining wasn't a problem. It may seem a big job, but removing the windscreen could well be the easiest way of pulling down just the front edge of the roof lining and then adequately getting it back in place.
    Maybe, if you have a tool long enough to help reach it you could remove the front door weather seal, pull down the edge of the roof lining, and reach in to get to it from there. However, unless you've already seen what the base you're trying to remove looks like underneath, it will be difficult to know what you're aiming sight-unseen to actually undo. Without having loosened the roof lining from where it wraps under the windscreen seal you might also have trouble getting enough slack to be able to twist/ pop out the front tensioning rod in the headlining, which would give you more wriggle-room to reach in.
    80's models made this job much easier when they put the roof console in the moulded lining under the aerial mount.
    gerrypro likes this.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Thanks Bruce,

Every car have a design problem, This is one of CX design faults.

cheers..

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

the later car have a shell that can be removed. Ifnact the switch block drops out to allow access to the radio. It's not easy in the series I even with the windscreen out!
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    I've only ever done this years ago when completely dismantling a car, so after removing the windscreen removing the front of the roof lining wasn't a problem. It may seem a big job, but removing the windscreen could well be the easiest way of pulling down just the front edge of the roof lining and then adequately getting it back in place.
    Maybe, if you have a tool long enough to help reach it you could remove the front door weather seal, pull down the edge of the roof lining, and reach in to get to it from there. However, unless you've already seen what the base you're trying to remove looks like underneath, it will be difficult to know what you're aiming sight-unseen to actually undo. Without having loosened the roof lining from where it wraps under the windscreen seal you might also have trouble getting enough slack to be able to twist/ pop out the front tensioning rod in the headlining, which would give you more wriggle-room to reach in.
    80's models made this job much easier when they put the roof console in the moulded lining under the aerial mount.
    I Second this approach if it is an early car. But for the car with the moulded headliner with the overhead switch panel that is retained by plastic clips, I would remove this instead!
    Cheers Gerry

Thread Information