Citroen SAXO - advise sought IMPORTing to Aus or not?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Citroen SAXO - advise sought IMPORTing to Aus or not?

Can you buy these cars in Australia? Dumb question I know...but the reason I ask is that I've been living in London for a couple of years and am returning home soon. I've owned the car for a couple of years and I'm allowed to import it into Australia as part of personal belongings when I come back. I don't really think it's worth it to be honest but who knows because it seems that the AX (before this one?) sells for a heck load more dosh than I can get here for it...so you never know. (counting costs) Whats the question here? - I'm wondering if anyone out there knows anything about this type of thing...importing a car to Aus and whether there would be a market for it? cheers.
    oh yeah...its a
    Citroen Saxo SX 1.1 1998 Red

Advertisement
    Last edited by mooney; 19th April 2004 at 03:12 AM.

Icon12

The saxo is a great car pity another one that wasnt sold here in Australia...

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Depends if you want to keep the car yourself forever ....

It'll cost you a lot to get here (personal compliance plate), shipping, fees, insurance etc, etc. Once here it would be a worthless orphan.

eg: How many people do you know in australia that would buy a 1.1litre car fullstop let alone a Citroen with no parts available

If you were bringing in a 2cv or CX GTi Turbo or XM 24valve V6... You know something interesting we never got it would be a different story. You could at least sell it for what it cost to get here (even if you didn't make a profit). With a Saxo this just wouldn't be possible.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Tadpole

Thanks guys for the replies. Been looking into your suggestions - only 2 months till we leave so time is tight...a maybe will be a missed opportunity - scrapped the SAXO stunt. It's a good city car - but what's the point of bringing it all the way back - If it was a classic car - maybe.
    Found some lovely triumphs on Ebay in London but I don't know enough about this stuff. Maybe next time.
    happy motoring.
    au revoir

Quote Originally Posted by mooney
    Thanks guys for the replies. Been looking into your suggestions - only 2 months till we leave so time is tight...a maybe will be a missed opportunity - scrapped the SAXO stunt. It's a good city car - but what's the point of bringing it all the way back - If it was a classic car - maybe.
    Found some lovely triumphs on Ebay in London but I don't know enough about this stuff. Maybe next time.
    happy motoring.
    au revoir
    Good decision!

JohnW

(Beware UK classics of course - you'll have seen what real rust is by now I expect!!)

Thread Information