DS air duct grill
  • Register
  • Help

Default DS air duct grill

Hello, how is the grill at the front of the radiator duct held in place? I did take it apart but I can't remember

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,
    It sits on the opening in the under tray and is held in place by the aluminium ducting I think.

Cheers,
    Ed

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Fellow Frogger!

Good question!

Mines currently in bits. I think it was loose? It's shaped/ pressed to fit in the air scoop hole. Is it simply held in pace in the hole by the aluminium ducting on top of it? Sounds unlikely as it would rattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Budge View Post
    Good question!

Mines currently in bits. I think it was loose? It's shaped/ pressed to fit in the air scoop hole. Is it simply held in pace in the hole by the aluminium ducting on top of it? Sounds unlikely as it would rattle?
    you are correct, it is held in place by the aluminium air intake. The mesh itself should have a rubber strip that fits along the long sides as does the leading edge of the aluminium air intake. It won't rattle, when everything is in place.

And on my DS23, there are 4 self-tappers: 2 at the base of the duct and 2 others securing the duct at the top of the aluminium section to the cross bar.

Ken

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post
    yThe mesh itself should have a rubber strip that fits along the long sides as does the leading edge of the aluminium air intake.
    Interesting. I have the rubber 'feathered' blade on the front edge of the scoop, but didn't know about the rubbers on the grill itself. Got any pictures?

I will take a pic of mine, I may well have embellished the grill with a rubber from the aluminium intake.

Fellow Frogger!

pretty sure mine has captive nuts for small screws to secure it top and bottom.... but it is too hot in the shed to go and check before writing this. i just installed a roof vent - one of those whirly things - to try to lower the furnace like levels this summer.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post
    I will take a pic of mine, I may well have embellished the grill with a rubber from the aluminium intake.
    Good idea. i only asked because cars sometimes 'lose' bits over the course of repairs. two roof bottles and brackets have gone astray from my car - as have the pads/ spacers that sit under the aluminium cross bar that the spare wheel sits on. Until you go looking, you don't realise these bits aren't there.....

Thread Information